• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Head pressure, tightness, eyes feel blurry, feel woozy.

Has anyone had this? I have been feeling so off and woozy the past few days and haven't felt well since moving states 3 months ago. It seems really coincidental that I got symptoms I have never had before a week after moving.

I never feel well but I feel really unwell. Head pressure at temple one side, can't focus eyes, when I stand and walk I feel like I am walking like a drunk person and dizzy and light headed, and when I turned my head to the side I feel majorly off and dizzy. Also pressure and pain in ears. They feel clogged.

I am trying to think of some relief or what it could be. I don't have insurance or money to go to the doctor, but I am getting really worried. It almost feels like my head isn't getting enough oxygen. A shower helps me feel better for about an hour or so. Not sure if it is the steam? Pay day isn't for another week.

AdamS

Yes I can relate very well to your symptoms. I have yet to find an explanation other than POTS/autonomic dysfunction. I also get really bad orthostatic headaches where it feels like my brain is in a vice. I had a cranial MRI scan with contrast which came back as completely normal, my neurologist prescribed a migraine drug but I haven't tried it yet.

My new home is almost a 0 on mold testing. It is a 2016 and isn't even a year old. I don't think the place is the issue.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@skyfall - I've had some of those symptoms, feeling dizzy and woozy and blurry eyes, which have been due to detoxing for me, I think mercury. for me it's generally been in response to a supplement which causes a detox reaction, usually something that is supposed to absorb toxins or has "cleansing" properties, which generally stimulates detoxing for me.

But I don't get pain and pressure in my ears. That sounds like sinus issues. I think clogged sinuses could also cause some of your symptoms, including the head pressure at your temple and your dizziness. Perhaps you are allergic to something in your new area? Something in your house or foliage in your new area?

I generally don't tolerate antihistamines very well, but I did well with plain guaifenesin to clear my sinuses - it thins mucus. You can find it in almost any drugstore, but you have to read labels carefully. There are products that have nothing but guaifenesin in them, but most seem to combine a couple of different things.

Also, if your sinuses are clogged, drink a lot of water, it will help thin mucus and get it running. And I think steam might be helpful, which could explain why you feel better after a shower.

Hugo

Has anyone had this? I have been feeling so off and woozy the past few days and haven't felt well since moving states 3 months ago. It seems really coincidental that I got symptoms I have never had before a week after moving.

I never feel well but I feel really unwell. Head pressure at temple one side, can't focus eyes, when I stand and walk I feel like I am walking like a drunk person and dizzy and light headed, and when I turned my head to the side I feel majorly off and dizzy. Also pressure and pain in ears. They feel clogged.

I am trying to think of some relief or what it could be. I don't have insurance or money to go to the doctor, but I am getting really worried. It almost feels like my head isn't getting enough oxygen. A shower helps me feel better for about an hour or so. Not sure if it is the steam? Pay day isn't for another week.

I got some of this symptoms when I got lyme. I also feel pressure and pain in my ears sometimes this is a terrible symptom since it effect me a lot.

Have you checked your teeths lately? An infection and cavity could cause symptoms in your ear area for example. Could also be some kind of sinus problem.

TrixieStix

sinus issues can cause all 3 of those symptoms. I've experienced it...it can def cause blurry vision too. Perhaps there is an allergen (pollen, grass, etc) in the air in your new location that you didn't have in the other state. It's allergy season!

KME

Find a way to see a doctor. We're not doctors and you could miss something important. What you're describing sounds like it could be an ear infection or other ear-based problem - feeling unusually bad for a few days, pressure, pain and clogged feeling in ears, feel much worse when you turn head to side, dizziness. If you have a severe ear infection, it's important to have it treated.

I understand the money issue - if this clears up by itself, great, but if this continues or gets worse, please, see a doctor.

If these particular symptoms were due to ME/CFS-related orthostatic intolerance, it would be expected that you would feel worse when you shower, not better, due to being upright and the heat. Feeling a bit better after a shower would fit with an infection. If you have ME/CFS then feeling worse for quite a while after a move would be expected due to the exertion, but as others have said there could be other things influencing you in your new environment too.

sinus issues can cause all 3 of those symptoms. I've experienced it...it can def cause blurry vision too. Perhaps there is an allergen (pollen, grass, etc) in the air in your new location that you didn't have in the other state. It's allergy season!

I did wonder this. I am also starting to worry maybe my apartment has mold. Mold illness is my diagnosis, and this is a brand new apartment that tested well 6 weeks ago.

TrixieStix

I did wonder this. I am also starting to worry maybe my apartment has mold. Mold illness is my diagnosis, and this is a brand new apartment that tested well 6 weeks ago.
it could just as easily be a pollen or grass in the area rather than mold. Can you get into see a doctor about it? I know it can sometimes take a while to get a new primary care doctor after moving to a new place.

Last year I went thru a few days of blurry vision due to my sinuses being extra angry. I've finally just seen an ENT myself for the first time, and he has put me on Allegra and Flonase to see if it helps with my constant sinus congestion and pain/pressure in my face.

My ENT also gave me a handout that says to keep my windows and doors closed so as to keep out the allergens in the outside air.

The weird thing is I don't have pain or pressure in my face. My nose is always stuffed up in the morning and I wake up with a sore throat too. I can't see a doctor for a week. It sucks.

TrixieStix

The weird thing is I don't have pain or pressure in my face. My nose is always stuffed up in the morning and I wake up with a sore throat too. I can't see a doctor for a week. It sucks.
I only get the pressure in my face occasionally. I am always more congested when I've been laying down in bed. Post-nasal drip can easily cause a sore throat.

Glad you are going to see a doctor soon.

sharks

I had this for three months. When I started taking antivirals the symptoms slowly went away

Damn i have the EXACT same symptoms except pain in ears. Xanax or any benzo is instant relief, you will feel (if like me) like your normal self and clear headed within minutes/hours it's magical. It's a short term fix cause I still didn't find the cause though.

CreativeB

This also sounds a lot like the symptoms I get when I suffer a vestibular migraine ... except I don't get the pain in my ears. I just take regular migraine meds as my gp says the meds for the dizziness have too many bad side-effects.

If it were migraines, they could be bring triggered by environmental factors