• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

have you tried seeking health brand probiotics?

ebethc

Has anyone tried Seeking Health probiotics? How is the quality?

I'd like to try Seeking Health Probiota HistaminX (10 billion cfu's)... free of histamine producing strains and d-lactate creating strains..No dairy/gluten/soy/corn

b lactis
b breve
b infantis
b longum
b bifidum
l salivarius
l plantarum

Gingergrrl

I'd like to try Seeking Health Probiota HistaminX

@ebethc I was curious if you ended up trying Seeking Health Probiota HistaminX? I get promotional e-mails from Seeking Health re: this product at least once a week and am curious to find someone who has actually tried it and what they thought of it.

ebethc

@ebethc I was curious if you ended up trying Seeking Health Probiota HistaminX? I get promotional e-mails from Seeking Health re: this product at least once a week and am curious to find someone who has actually tried it and what they thought of it.

I like it! No histamine reactions, and i've been taking high-ish doses for a week...~4 per day...

Gingergrrl

I like it! No histamine reactions, and i've been taking high-ish doses for a week...~4 per day...

Thanks and that is good to hear! Do you mean that you do not have any histamine reactions from the probiotic itself or that since taking the probiotic, you no longer have any histamine reactions whatsoever? What made you decide to take a high dose of it vs. the normal dose?

ebethc

Thanks and that is good to hear! What made you decide to take a high dose of it vs. the normal dose?

It doesn't do anything to quell histamine reactions, BUT I don't know that there's been anything to stimulate histamine reactions... The probiotic itself doesn't stimulate histamine reactions..

What made you decide to take a high dose of it vs. the normal dose?

carol wolf's story was compelling... she suggested taking high dose probiotics b/c our microbiomes are so big that you have to really blast the microbiome to make a difference (her hypothesis, not mine or a doctor's)...

I can't tolerate as much as she does, and I chose histamine free probiotics. I went through half the bottle in 6 days (30 pills, 10 billions cfu's each), plus I took several culturelle a day, which down regulated H4 (histamine receptor 4) b/c I want to get as many different strands while staying histamine-free as I could. fyi, culturelle has some bad ingredients, I think maltodextrin, but I can't remember....

I took a break yesterday and felt really good... I took 2 last night, and felt tired today & foggy today... On the "break day" the most remarkable thing was how good my sinuses felt... My head felt light and clear - vs the dull headache I have today... I'll take a break tomorrow and let you know how it works out.

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2016/01/07/probiotics-cure-my-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/