• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Have u seen this plastic ball for hamsters?

Great news for those who understand. Diagnosis of fibro came! Yeee!!! So i can now know what i have on top of CFS abd crazy headaches (and do what i have to - not a big choice if treatments though :rofl:). So I can explain to normal people that I have sth that sounds more concrete, less spooky. What a success. So its one day after 15 Aug, and since I am Greek we decided with mom to go to an island. Mom pushed me to go there one day earlier. I was tired but i supposed it would be better to go one day earlier than get up at 6 o clock in the next morning. What s a 2h trip after all? Well I arrived to that island, at a friends' house. Two mosquitos straight from Transylvania ensured a exhausting night, one of the worst of my life. Next day I felt horrible. And feeling like I caught a slight cold. Well, 5 days after I am now with fever. I spent the rest of my holiday at bed of course. Mad with my mother that pushed me, mad with the hosts that had lights on and let mosquitos in, mad at myself. Disappointed. Frustrated. I need an invisible ball which offers sound, thermic, wind and light isolation. I cant help it any more. Sincerely, I cant.

Likaloha

Great news for those who understand. Diagnosis of fibro came! Yeee!!! So i can now know what i have on top of CFS abd crazy headaches (and do what i have to - not a big choice if treatments though :rofl:). So I can explain to normal people that I have sth that sounds more concrete, less spooky. What a success. So its one day after 15 Aug, and since I am Greek we decided with mom to go to an island. Mom pushed me to go there one day earlier. I was tired but i supposed it would be better to go one day earlier than get up at 6 o clock in the next morning. What s a 2h trip after all? Well I arrived to that island, at a friends' house. Two mosquitos straight from Transylvania ensured a exhausting night, one of the worst of my life. Next day I felt horrible. And feeling like I caught a slight cold. Well, 5 days after I am now with fever. I spent the rest of my holiday at bed of course. Mad with my mother that pushed me, mad with the hosts that had lights on and let mosquitos in, mad at myself. Disappointed. Frustrated. I need an invisible ball which offers sound, thermic, wind and light isolation. I cant help it any more. Sincerely, I cant.
all I can say is hang in there!!! I had fibro before cfs diagnosis, and I see there are now more drugs for fibro than 20 years ago....sorry about the trip!

Wolfcub

Oh dear @Vickytoria1988 ...travelling around can be challenging enough for the super fit. And hard for us !
Other people often don't understand.
I have no wish to go from "here to there" any more, and do not find others who feel the same. Those who don't know I have this ME/CFS issue, just think I'm boring. But I am better off in a usual steady way of life.

Plus it is very common to get sick from one thing and another when travelling. It's OK for the super fit....maybe they can shake it off quickly. But it can take its toll on us. :(

Juanita Vee

Sometimes misery loves company, so I thought I'd say I'm feeling frustrated too. Finally some nice weather, plus I want to do some stuff around the apartment, but I feel like I only have energy for the couch and resting. Maybe if we had a hamster ball plus virtual reality, we'd be just fine! We could travel and do anything we wanted, right from the couch. My sister says I should go outside, it's frustrating when family doesn't understand. They wouldn't be able to push us if we were in a hamster ball with VR! Such a good idea... :)

:p Hang in there!