Last I saw was his video from November(?) where he said they were going to start trying using FDA approved drugs to try to get cells out of the metabolic trap in vitro, but haven't heard anything from him since.
Welcome to Phoenix Rising!
Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.
To register, simply click the Register button at the top right.
It was pretty bad. The situation around the nanoneedle is just a mess
For goodness sake. Still no movement on the nano needle. What about all the donation money the omf get? Surely, the nanoneedle is more important than most? It's all so bizarre and makes no sence. Years and years of the same words. I've had enough of it all.Summary
Notable missing things
- Developed a way to easily look for for viruses, bacteria and fungus, nothing found so far.
- Nanoneedle diagnostic held up on NIH grants still, situation hasn't changed.
- Problems with doctors only looking at standard tests and still told they don't believe patients.
- Cell de-formality depends on oxygen concentration. That was the issue with moving the blood, Dr WAN UC Davis worked it out. Working on an impedance based test to test cheaper. Another potential diagnostic I think.
- Proposal into OMF looking at Neutrophils, NKs. Another assay for looking at them, they are short lived and die from freezing so they need a finger prick or similar device since labs stabalise and freeze blood. Another potential diagnostic I assume.
- Sweat induction way to produce some sweat and assay from it. Could be a warning system.
- Crashing - had a student that had ME/CFS that was bedbound, had the theory crashing maintained the disease state, avoided crashing at all costs and recovered.
Not a word on all the drug testing they were doing on the yeast modified to have a tryptophan trap.
Isn't Ron quite famous though.? Was it work on the human genome project? I can't remember..
I find it hard to believe that he can't eg set up a fund-raiser with some rich and powerful friends and friends of friends and raise some money.. I think he's just going through the motions at this point to be honest.. In his 80s, can't be bothered but can't bear giving up. 😕