• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone here with Vaccine Injury tried Homeopathic medicine? *Please tag fellow users of users of Homeopathy*

Fat Viking

If you have nasopharynx inflammation, you will not necessarily know it, because it may not cause any local symptoms. And you cannot see the nasopharynx to check if it is inflamed, as it is just above the back of the throat (pharynx). The method to test for nasopharynx inflammation is to poke a long Q-tip into it, and if there is blood on the Q-Tip, then you have inflammation.
Do you know more about this?
Four theories possibly explaining how autoimmune diseases arise.
They are: (a) molecular mimicry, (b) bystander theory, (c) polyclonal activation, and (d) a dysregulation in the function of T-cells.
Molecular mimicry might trigger autoimmune demyelination after Hepatitis B Vaccination.

Wolfcub

So for General Healthcare Homeopathy is better than Modern Medicine but is it also better for serious health issues such as Vaccine Injury?
I took @YippeeKi YOW !! 's post above about Prince Albert, not to be talking about modern medicine as it is now, but rather about medicine as it was practised in Victorian times. (including treatments with mercury, arsenic, etc)

YippeeKi YOW !!

Victorian times would be Traditional Medicine and not Modern Medicine.
No, compared to leeches and bloodletting, Victorian was very much 'modern medicine', and the demarcation line between what you're calling 'traditional' and what's gone on to be practiced now.

And yes, I know that leeching has found a new respect, and for a lot of good reasons, but it was still a reach-back into older, 'traditional' medicine.

YippeeKi YOW !!

I took @YippeeKi YOW !! 's post above about Prince Albert, not to be talking about modern medicine as it is now, but rather about medicine as it was practised in Victorian times. (including treatments with mercury, arsenic, etc)
You're absolutely right @Wolfcub.

And we need to keep in mind that the use of mercury and arsenic were more or less 'modern' concepts than, and progressed gradually into what we're calling 'modern medicine' now. Which our great grandchildren will call horribly antiquated, outlandish, barbaric, 'ancient, traditional' medicine.

Le plus ca change and all. WIsh I had a French keyboard.

Last edited:

Wolfcub

Le plus ca change and all
Yep....
Sometimes I try to imagine the future when people will have tears in their eyes when they hear of treatments with chemo drugs....and the treatment/dismissal some with ME/CFS receive, just to name two. But will they have even better poisons for us then I wonder?
Well I digress, and am going off topic. Shut up Wolfcub!:eek: Time for bed.

Fat Viking

The Receptionist is adament Homeopathy works. Her last reply to me was:
"With all due respect, honestly, we really don’t care what anyone has to say. Whatever she is doing, works well, too well. She has very very happy patients all over the world. People wait for three months to start, and all of her patients are referrals. As much as I would like to continue going back and forth, we are winding down and she is not looking for patients."

Last edited:

Bowser

The Receptionist is adament Homeopathy works. Her last reply to me was:
"With all due respect, honestly, we really don’t care what anyone has to say. Whatever she is doing, works well, too well. She has very very happy patients all over the world. People wait for three months to start, and all of her patients are referrals. As much as I would like to continue going back and forth, we are winding down and she is not looking for patients."
I too have experienced this kind of anectodal evidence. Homeopathy clinics seem to have lots of patients and many say it works.

I think this can largely be explained by people going to homeopathy for minor to moderate problems which would have gone away on their own anyway. Time was the real cure.

Instead of attributing the abatement of symptoms to the simple passage of time, it instead gets attributed to the homeopathy that was used during this time period.

YippeeKi YOW !!

The Receptionist is convinced that Homeopathy works.
It's a tough decision, but I think she was telling you that it's one that you have to make for yourself. Either that or she was givng you the 'reverse sell'. But that road leads to madness......

Its this kind of stuff that'll drive us bats if we linger at it too long. Read up on homeopathy. The highly respected, almost sanctified, Greek practitioner Vithulkas has written a lot on the subject, and probably has forgotten more than most practicing homeopaths ever knew..... And I'm sure there're a lot of others, all writing on the subject that interests you most right now: is homeopathy a real thing, and can it help me to recover from the damage of the Hep B vaccine.

Read some. Find out what your own intelligence and inner voice have to say about this. Dont go by what I say, or @Hip says, or even what @Wolfcub says, or what anyone who isn't you says. This is not a decision to be left to someone else's prejudices or interpretation of what they think they've read or know or learned, and I'm looking at me here. I already told you that I' predisposed towards the validity of homeopathy.

We all hear, see, learn, feel, and even think thru our own complex set of filters, and what may seem true for me might not be even close to truth for you.

I know it's the last thing you feel up to doing right now @Fat Viking, but you do need to do some due diligence here, or resign yourself to living with someone else's personal take on something of critical importance to your well-being.

You seem to be really torn between 'Yes, it's worth a try' and 'No, it's total horsehite....'.

Understandable. No one really understands how, or why, homeopathy works.

I know that none of this was probably what you wanted to hear, but chin up. The clouds will part, and the answer, your answer, will present after you've done a little digging.

Last edited:

Wishful

I think that it's wise to take all claims with a lot of salt, and do further investigation on your own, including asking the homeopathic Dr him- or herself about the success rate with that treatment.

I wouldn't put too much weight on the doctor's claims either. He might lawfully claim that x patients claim that they were cured, but without clinical evidence, it's hard to know whether they actually had the disease in question and that it was cured. Some of it may be a psychosomatic disease cured by the placebo effect.

I went to a naturopathic allergist for my type IV food sensitivity. He wanted to do a scratch test. I said that it was a type IV (t-cell, not histamine response) sensitivity, so would his test work for that? He said of course it would. I did my own research into that, and concluded that there was no reasonable chance for a type IV reaction with a 48 hr delay to show a histamine reaction (skin bump) within hours. I wrote him off as a quack out for easy money.

Fat Viking

I wouldn't put too much weight on the doctor's claims either. He might lawfully claim that x patients claim that they were cured, but without clinical evidence, it's hard to know whether they actually had the disease in question and that it was cured. Some of it may be a psychosomatic disease cured by the placebo effect.

I went to a naturopathic allergist for my type IV food sensitivity. He wanted to do a scratch test. I said that it was a type IV (t-cell, not histamine response) sensitivity, so would his test work for that? He said of course it would. I did my own research into that, and concluded that there was no reasonable chance for a type IV reaction with a 48 hr delay to show a histamine reaction (skin bump) within hours. I wrote him off as a quack out for easy money.
Some are in it for the money but that's why you should go to a reputable Medical Expert, one that has many Awards and stuff.

Murph

:)
Popping in here to add my voice to those saying Homeopathy is bunkum. There is neither good evidence it works nor logical theory that says it should work.

Anecdotal evidence is random, practitioners are biased. Avoid homeopathy if possible.

Fat Viking

Popping in here to add my voice to those saying Homeopathy is bunkum. There is neither good evidence it works nor logical theory that says it should work.

Anecdotal evidence is random, practitioners are biased. Avoid homeopathy if possible.
Why avoid without good cause?

Wayne

My Osteopathic doctor believes he was "cured" of his several week episode of CFS-type symptoms by using homeopathy. And it happened within a day or two. I wrote about this in another post:

My Osteopathic Physician's Homeopathic Experience

I only perused a few posts on this thread, but noticed some familiar arguments against homeopathy; that it is so "diluted", it can't plausibly be beneficial. What most people don't realize is that unlike modern medicines that depend on molecular structures of drugs and other medical concoctions, homeopathy works on an energetic or vibrational level. It's like comparing apples and oranges, or perhaps apples and carrots. The two are totally different.

Wolfcub

I agree that homeopathy makes absolutely NO scientific sense.
And time can sometimes be wasted by trying it, when there is a dangerous or acute illness, which needs allopathic treatment as soon as possible.

But I have seen it work, as I say, on animals who can't possibly know of the placebo effect. And it has worked for me, quite amazingly -in the past; with annoying conditions (such as a painful and tenacious sinus inflammation once)that had gone on for at least a few days, yet I started to feel much better only 8 hours after starting homeopathic treatment. Sure -that's anecdotal. Sorry.

But @Murph ...why avoid at all costs? As homeopathic medicines appear to do little harm - (unless, like me, they can suddenly make you feel worse, in which case stopping the remedy or even neutralising it with a couple of coffees or camphor etc) -then for the pretty low cost of an experiment, and without the signs of an illness which needs different or allopathic treatment quickly -surely it's worth trying?

Last edited:

JES

Why avoid without good cause?

Your question is ill formed. The question should be: why visit someone without a good reason (evidence)? Faith healers and others exist too, but does it make sense for an ME/CFS patient to go see every type of person who claims he can heal?

Fat Viking

Your question is ill formed. The question should be: why visit someone without a good reason (evidence)? Faith healers and others exist too, but does it make sense for an ME/CFS patient to go see every type of person who claims he can heal?
I haven't read a whole lot on Homeopathy but I read that it's been around for over 200 years and even the Royal Family has a Homeopathic Physician treating them. I also read that no one is funding Homeopathy in Clinical Trials so that means that Homeopathy is not at the forefront and that's why it's being dismissed.

Wishful

While I agree that there's no evidence that homeopathy works, I see no reason to avoid it, other than expense (or maybe embarrassment at 'falling for it'). I expect that most of the water molecules I've consumed have at some time in the last 5+ billion years has been in contact with most other types of atoms and molecules, and diluted far more than any commercial product (so it should be super potent?), so even ordinary tap water should be a homeopathic treatment for nearly everything, yet it doesn't seem to cause any harm. Doesn't seem to treat anything other than thirst though...

I haven't read a whole lot on Homeopathy but I read that it's been around for over 200 years and even the Royal Family has a Homeopathic Physician treating them.

All sorts of quackery has been around for far longer, so that's not a reason to believe in its efficacy. The Royal Family probably has had astrologists and other such experts on stuff that has no scientific basis, so that doesn't say anything for its efficacy either. Look for properly done scientific trials for it. I'm sure there have been many done, but I doubt that you'll find any concluding that it works.

YippeeKi YOW !!

I also read that no one is funding Homeopathy in Clinical Trials so that means that Homeopathy is not at the forefront and that's why it's being dismissed.
Clinical trials and research studies cost a lotttttt of money, which isn't a problem for BigPharma, but is a problem for most herbals and all of homeopathy. And since by and large homeopathic treatments can't be trademarked and marketed like chemical derivatives, and the market for them is slim absent a lot of promo and easily absorbed information, there's no potential money in it.

It's not being dismissed just because of that, but because we live in a culture that gets their information, by and large, from 144 character tweets, potentially biased social media sites, and very short, very punchy internet articles, so no one bothers to go deep enough to find out why something that challenges their range of the believable so severely may actually have more than meets the eye.

And personal biases are hard to let go of, what with cherry-picking the information sources one prefers to read and bias confirmation. So there's that ......

You're still quoting what others (jncluding me) have said about homeopathy in this thread. Until you read a little first-hand info for yourself, you're never going to really know what you want and what's possible. And by first hand information I dont mean promo from some Drs office or from a site that sells homeopathic treatments. I mean from, say a homeopathy textbook, or something written by someone who really knows their stuff.