• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone here with Vaccine Injury tried Homeopathic medicine? *Please tag fellow users of users of Homeopathy*

Fat Viking

Read online that Homeopathic can reverse Vaccine Damage as Homeopathy and Herbs treat the core illness rather than the symptoms which is what Modern Medicine does. Has it worked for anyone here?

Hip

Homeopathy and Herbs treat the core illness rather than the symptoms

That's just a marketing ploy by those selling homeopathy. There's scant evidence to indicate that homeopathy even works at all, let alone treats the core of the illness. We don't know what the core cause of most chronic illnesses is, so we would not know how to target the cause.

Because homeopathic remedies are incredibly diluted (so diluted that some do not even contain one molecule of the active substance, and are just plain water), it makes no sense that they would work. It would be like trying to start a fire with 1 drop of petrol diluted into a gallon of water. It's no longer going to be flammable. So when you dilute something out of existence, don't expect it to do anything.

The exception though may be for homeopathic remedies made with highly toxic substances, like snake venom for example. Although these homeopathic remedies are still incredibly diluted, snake venom can have effects in incredibly small amounts. So it makes sense that homeopathic treatments based on toxins might have some physiological effects.

In fact I know someone on this forum who found his gut symptoms improved after taking a homeopathic remedy made from rattlesnake venom (namely Crotalus horridus, at a 4C dilution).

However, generally speaking, I don't give much credence to homeopathy.

Wolfcub

Herbal treatments and homeopathic treatments are two entirely different things, which I am sure you're familiar with, but which some people seem to get mixed up for some unknown reason.

The best approach to homeopathy is to give it a try and see if it works for you.

I have tried both. Herbal medicine which always worked a treat for me for more or less all ills in the past (including shingles, snakebite, other infections ) , suddenly refused to make any difference at all when I developed ME/CFS.

I tried homeopathy. That had more marked effects, oddly !

I went for a consultation with a qulified homeopath at about 8 months into the illness. That was not for vaccine damage, but for help with ME/CFS.

I tried the remedy, expecting either -nothing, or to feel a little better; as homeopathy absolutely makes no sense at all, chemically.

What happened was I felt worse, very quickly. I stuck this out for a few days then asked the homeopath what was going on. He told me to stop taking the remedy, which I did, and felt easier after a day or so. He then prescribed me a different potency of the same remedy.
With that, although I expected to feel worse again...I did improve.

After a couple of weeks, I stopped taking it as I felt quite a lot better and my energy improved as well as my symptoms.

Trundled on like that for a bit, and all last winter I was convinced I was getting better. But come Spring, I got relapses again. So I tried the remedy again but it made no difference that time.

"What if's" are usually a waste of time, though I did wonder what would have happened if I'd just kept taking the remedy. I admit I was looking for a "cure" and to get back to feeling like my normal self all of the time, so maybe set my sights too high for ANY treatment to do that !

However, there are too many variables to have any proof that the homeopathic remedy made any real difference. The whole progress of this illness for me, has been a series of inexplicable remissions, followed by inexplicable relapses.
But it was worth experimenting with.

YippeeKi YOW !!

@Wolfcub, @Fat Viking
So I tried the remedy again but it made no difference that time.
Homeopathic treatments work on several levels of potency, and several aspects of an illness, and once a 'curative' treatment has done its work, it almost never works a second time. A new treatment has to be tried, which will work on a different aspect and level of whatever it is you're being treated for.

You might want to go back to your homeopath and fill him/her in on what's happened with the first treatment, and try a second one that will deal with a different aspect of your discomfort.

I'm prejudiced in favor of homeopathy, in spite of how mysterious and inexplicable it's mode of action is. Discrediting it is easy, but if you consider that you can hear Beethoven's 5th thru an MP3 player or radio or CD, and yet Beethoven's been dead for almost 200 years, as possibly are many of the orchestral players, and all that's left is this electronic transmission, you get some idea of why homeopathy may actually work.

The reason I'm predisposed to believing its effectiveness is because my great-great-grndmother's life was saved during th scourge of the Spanish flu that swept thru Philadelphia after WW I by a gifted homeopathic practitioner, while most of her friends and neighbors, all being treated by regular Drs, died of the illness, as did their treating Drs.

It was shortly after this that the then-recently incorporated AMA put all their energy and resources nto driving homeopathy out of the U.S., an endeavor they were a great deal more successful at than treating their patients. But when you're the only option, who cares?

Last edited:

Wolfcub

Homeopathic treatments work on several levels of potency, and several aspects of an illness, and once a 'curative' treatment has done its work, it almost never works a second time. A new treatment has to be tried, which will work on a different aspect and level of whatever it is you're being treated for.
Brilliant idea! Now why didn't I think of that...? :)

The reason I'm predisposed to believing its effectiveness is because my great-great-grndmother's life was saved during th scourge of the Spanish flu that swept thru Philadelphia after WW I by a gifted homeopathic practitioner, while most of her friends and neighbors, all being treated by regular Drs, died of the illness.
How wonderful. That flu was one of the nastiest things to ever be on this planet.

I have seen homeopathy work for dogs, horses, and cows also, with their recovery beginning quite suddenly, usually after the first day of 6 doses at 2 hour intervals (coincidence? Probably not, because of the timing) Placebo?
There might feasibly be some kind of placebo effect with some dogs, once they sense a vibe of "you'll get better now" from their human. But that would be likely to only work with a mild passing health upset anyway .
And try explaining placebo effect to a cow. I don't think a herd of average cows will spontaneously get better because the human is thinking nice thoughts.

Hip

Homeopaths have been treating measles for over 200 years with success. http://cure-guide.com/tag/measles/

What is the "success" you are referring to? What benefit did homeopathy provide in someone suffering from measles? Measles causes death in around 1 in every 5000 cases (and also causes other nasties like blindness or brain-damaging encephalitis).

Does "success" mean reducing the rate of death from measles? If so, can you show me the evidence for this?

It's easy for homeopathy to make claims, but quite another thing to provide evidence for those claims.

Fat Viking

@Wolfcub, @Fat Viking

You might want to go back to your homeopath and fill him/her in on what's happened with the first treatment, and try a second one that will deal with a different aspect of your discomfort.

I'm prejudiced in favor of homeopathy, in cpite of how mysterious and inexplicable it's treatments are. Discrediting it is easy, but if you consider that you can hear Beethoven's 5th thru an MP3 player or radio or CD, and yet Beethoven's been dead for almost 200 years, as possibly are many of the orchestral players, you get some idea of why homeopathy may actually work.

The reason I'm predisposed to believing its effectiveness is because my great-great-grndmother's life was saved during th scourge of the Spanish flu that swept thru Philadelphia after WW I by a gifted homeopathic practitioner, while most of her friends and neighbors, all being treated by regular Drs, died of the illness.

It was shortly after this that the then-recently incorporated AMA put all their energy and resources nto driving homeopathy out of the U.S., an endeavor they were a great deal more successful at than treating their patients. But when you're the only option, who cares?
The people and Doctors I've spoken to who's had many Hep B Vaccine Clients says "There is no sound scientific basis to the use of homeopathy And there is no evidence to show that it is an effective form of treatment for a reaction to Hepatitis B Vaccine". He says with regards to Homeopathy reversing Vaccine Injury is "That is very dangerous and inaccurate advice". The NHS the Governing body of UK for Healthcare
says "A 2010 House of Commons Science and Technology Committee report on homeopathy said that homeopathic remedies perform no better than placebos (dummy treatments).The review also said that the principles on which homeopathy is based are "scientifically implausible". This is also the view of the Chief Medical Officer, Professor Dame Sally Davies."
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/homeopathy/

Fat Viking

What is the "success" you are referring to? What benefit did homeopathy provide in someone suffering from measles? Measles causes death in around 1 in every 5000 cases (and also causes other nasties like blindness or brain-damaging encephalitis).

Does "success" mean reducing the rate of death from measles? If so, can you show me the evidence for this?

It's easy for homeopathy to make claims, but quite another thing to provide evidence for those claims.
"First, I will nurse them with my measles prevention strategy as well as huge doses of TLC. I will NOT use over-the-counter meds like ibuprofen and acetaminophen to reduce fever, which can make a person more contagious and sicker for a longer period of time. Fever is good! Same with antibiotics, which should never be used in cases of viruses such as influenza or measles because they wreak havoc on immunity wielding gut flora, can cause side effects like diarrhea, and won’t work to kill the virus. (Even the CDC is in agreement with me on this one.) I will give them a homeopathic remedy such as Aconitum, which has been used successfully by homeopaths for almost 200 years. And I will limit media stimuli so that they can sleep as much as possible."
http://www.earthbasedmedicine.com/blog/2015/1/23/why-im-not-afraid-of-measles

Hip

I found some studies from India investigating the antiviral effects of belladonna, as a 200C homeopathic solution:

This one found belladonna reduced viral load in chick embryo brains after they were exposed to Japanese encephalitis virus. And this one found that in chick eggs exposed to Japanese encephalitis virus, belladonna reduced the viral load in the brain, as well as increasing expression of TLR3, TLR7, TLR8, IFN-α and IFN-β.

However, both studies used belladonna 200C, and 200C is a very diluted homeopathic solution, and definitely will not contain any molecules of the original substance (belladonna in this case). Any homeopathic solutions which are beyond the 12C dilution will not have any molecules of the original substance left in the solution.

So I question whether these studies are reliable.

Fat Viking

I found some studies from India investigating the antiviral effects of belladonna, as a 200C homeopathic solution:

This one found belladonna reduced viral load in chick embryo brains after they were exposed to Japanese encephalitis virus. And this one found that in chick eggs exposed to Japanese encephalitis virus, belladonna reduced the viral load in the brain, as well as increasing expression of TLR3, TLR7, TLR8, IFN-α and IFN-β.

However, both studies used belladonna 200C, and 200C is a very diluted homeopathic solution, and definitely will not contain any molecules of the original substance (belladonna in this case). Any homeopathic solutions which are beyond the 12C dilution will not have any molecules of the original substance left in the solution.

So I question whether these studies are reliable.
Are they not trustworthy authentic sites?

YippeeKi YOW !!

The people and Doctors I've spoken to who's had many Hep B Vaccine Clients says "There is no sound scientific basis to the use of homeopathy And there is no evidence to show that it is an effective form of treatment for a reaction to Hepatitis B Vaccine".
Keep in mind that in the UK, a subset of Drs are still sending ME patients to psych wards because, since they don;t understand the illness or its symptoms, the patients must be nuts.

I'm not advocating for homeopathy to treat a reaction to the Hep B vaccine or for any other use. I'm just offering another useless opinion and view of a highly contested method of treatment. You'll have to come to your own conclusions and make a decision based on those.
The review also said that the principles on which homeopathy is based are "scientifically implausible".
The incredibly brave physican who formed the hypothesis that ulcers weren;t caused by stress and excess stomach acid was dismissed by every Dr on every continent in every place on every part of the globe under the sun. Or moon.

He finally drank a beaker filled with ulcerous liquid, and when he developed raging stomach ulcers within 2 weeks, treated himself with an antibiotic to kill the h.pylori bacteria that he'd posited caused ulcers.

He cured himself in a matter of a week or so. And all the other Drs continued to dismiss his theory, his proof, his sanity, and the whole idea.

It took several years of determined effort and successful treatment of stomach ulcers before the 'medical experts' decided that maybe there was something to it. Maybe. It took even more time before it became the industry standard.

Last edited:

Wolfcub

The people and Doctors I've spoken to who's had many Hep B Vaccine Clients says "There is no sound scientific basis to the use of homeopathy And there is no evidence to show that it is an effective form of treatment for a reaction to Hepatitis B Vaccine". He says with regards to Homeopathy reversing Vaccine Injury is "That is very dangerous and inaccurate advice". The NHS the Governing body of UK for Healthcare
Do these healthcare bodies propose any other solution for vaccine damage (which can definitely happen.)?
I would also be interested in their allopathic recommendations...as vaccine damage is often denied, both in the field of human and animal medicine.

Wolfcub

belladonna 200C, and 200C is a very diluted homeopathic solution, and definitely will not contain any molecules of the original substance (belladonna in this case). Any homeopathic solutions which are beyond the 12C dilution will not have any molecules of the original substance left in the solution.
I know. Crazy isn't it? It has zero scientific reason to work.