• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Has anyone here tried a supplement called “agaricus blazei murril”?

Has anyone here tried a supplement called “agaricus blazei murril”? it’s a type of mushroom used to stimulate natural killer cell function. It’s in a supplement called “NK Max 365”

Here’s their website

I’m extremely skeptical though I did some research and found that there is science to back it up. It’s something my integrative doctor wants me to try but, as I said, I’m extremely skeptical

ljimbo423

Has anyone here tried a supplement called “agaricus blazei murril”?
I tried it several years ago and it definitely boosted my immune system, which made me feel worse. I didn't know then that my immune system was already over-active.

I would say, if you have an under active immune system, this should help. There are actually many medicinal mushrooms that are good immune boosters. Like cordyceps, shiitake, maitake and reishi, to name just a few.

I tried it several years ago and it definitely boosted my immune system, which made me feel worse. I didn't know then that my immune system was already over-active.

I would say, if you have an under active immune system, this should help. There are actually many medicinal mushrooms that are good immune boosters. Like cordyceps, shiitake, maitake and reishi, to name just a few.
Thank you! That’s super helpful. I’ve had positive ANA in the past and do have hashimoto’s so that makes me really hesitant. My doctor seemed to think it was fine and was really pressuring me into it but I don’t think it’s a good idea. I have an under active immune system in the sense that I can’t fight infections by myself... like at all. I’m on SCIG for immune deficiency. But it’s just so weird that someone can have an over and under active immune system all at once

ljimbo423

I have an under active immune system in the sense that I can’t fight infections by myself... like at all. I’m on SCIG for immune deficiency. But it’s just so weird that someone can have an over and under active immune system all at once
It really does seem bizarre to have both under and over-active parts of the immune system. But there are a lot of different parts of the immune system. From the research I've done, my sense is that ME/CFS is caused by chronic immune system activation.

I think what might be happening is that parts of the immune system become tired/or exhausted from chronic activation.

Causing some parts of the immune system to become under active and other parts are still being chronically activated by whatever is causing ME/CFS and over-active, if that makes sense.:)