• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone experienced consistend cough or cold symptoms after some weeks/months

Joopiter76

Has anyone experienced consistend cough or cold symptoms after some weeks/months on the methylation cycle protocol? I have consistend dry cough through the day but not when I sleep. I have also swollen lymph nodes (but only at my neck) and a kind of bad/poisened feeling comes and goes. Sometimes I feel weak in the morning which improves through the day. I think this rally started after I started taking NADH and Riboflavine-5-phosphate but Im not sure.

Can anyone tell similar experience? I mean I wonder why the cough does not stop after some time if its detox. I have it now for about 4 weeks I guess. I may ad that at the beginning of my illness I had severe cough too even much more as now. So I wonder if its a sign of my body fighting again against something.

please let me know.

regards, Joopiter

caledonia

I haven't had a cough with the methylation protocol or swollen lymph nodes. The poisoned feeling sounds like you're taking too much and need to back off some until you can tolerate it better.

My starting dose of Folapro was 1/256 of one. After a year I'm only up to 1/32.

richvank

Has anyone experienced consistend cough or cold symptoms after some weeks/months on the methylation cycle protocol? I have consistend dry cough through the day but not when I sleep. I have also swollen lymph nodes (but only at my neck) and a kind of bad/poisened feeling comes and goes. Sometimes I feel weak in the morning which improves through the day. I think this rally started after I started taking NADH and Riboflavine-5-phosphate but Im not sure.

Can anyone tell similar experience? I mean I wonder why the cough does not stop after some time if its detox. I have it now for about 4 weeks I guess. I may ad that at the beginning of my illness I had severe cough too even much more as now. So I wonder if its a sign of my body fighting again against something.

please let me know.

regards, Joopiter

Hi, Joopiter.

You might consider the possibility of an infection with Mycoplasma pneumoniae. The methylation cycle treatment should cause the cell-mediated immunity to normalize, and this is the type of immune response that is used to fight intracellular bacterial infections (as well as viruses and fungal infections). So your immune system may now be able to fight an existing infection of this type. One of the main symptoms of M. pneum. infection is dry cough. Prof. Garth Nicolson has found various mycoplasma infections in people with ME/CFS.

Best regards,

Rich

slayadragon

I periodically experimented with the SMP throughout 2007. Toward the end of the year, I got a pneumonia like cough, periodically hacking up small amounts of phlegm. It was rather disturbing.

I have no idea if it was related to the SMP. My health was falling apart totally at the time, and everything I did made it worse.

The only thing that helped a little with the cough was nebulizing colloidal silver.

Then in December 2007, I moved out of my moldy house and put aside all my contaminated stuff. The cough went away within two weeks and never returned.

I don't know what the cough was from. Chlamydia pneumoniae, mycoplasma or some sort "Water Damaged Building" organism (eg. bacteria or fungus), I guess. But whatever it was, my body seemed to have no problem throwing it off after I was no longer being sandbagged by the mold.

Best, Lisa

Joopiter76

thanks. I wondered if an intermediate product (maybe a sulfur containing one) of the methylation cycle could cause this, because the dry cough increased much and my lungs were burning when I got my weeky Glutathione IV which helped me a lot in the past. But this time I had a very strong reaction.I think it was the GSH because I dont believe it was the B12 I got at the same time. (One day after the "burning" in my lungs was gone.) My whit blood cell count did not go up so far under methylation cycle protocol. Should it? Or is it just a better funcioning of the existing cells because of higher GSH oder higher NADPH?? I had no reaction to GSH IV before.
I just dont want to push detox too much.

regards and thanks for help.

Joopiter

markmc20001

Hi, Joopiter.

You might consider the possibility of an infection with Mycoplasma pneumoniae. The methylation cycle treatment should cause the cell-mediated immunity to normalize, and this is the type of immune response that is used to fight intracellular bacterial infections (as well as viruses and fungal infections). So your immune system may now be able to fight an existing infection of this type. Rich

Good info here Rich.

For what it is worth joopiter, I have recently started taking NAC(to increase glutathione). I have been feeling like I have a cold for weeks, that is slowly getting better. However, my cough is a wet slimey one. I have tested positive for chlamydia pneumonia in the past, so maybe my situation is a immune response, as Rich descirbes.

I had a really bad sore throat, and consistent coughing a week ago, what I did was I used colloidal silver like normal cough syrup like "benelyn or Buckleys" I swallow it with a teaspoon and it works really good against sore throats you can actually feel the difference, I also use the same thing for my dog, when he gets sick I put colloidal silver into his water bowl and he thinks it is water and drinks from it.