• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone ever tried ECULIZUMAB for ME/CFS? Are there patients with concomitant PNH?

wastwater

Liver transplant to stop the defective complement destroying the kidney is used in extremely rare severe aHUS (That’s how I understood it) and partial aHUS maybe more common and slower progression

Last edited:

Dude

Accidental discovery: Monoclonal antibody could help with severe virus infections

Scientists from Salzburg have discovered a potential new treatment for severe virus infections in a 38-year-old patient who was simultaneously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and Hantavirus. The patient was treated with a monoclonal antibody Eculizumab that inhibits the complement system. The complement system is a part of the immune system that can become overactivated during a virus infection and can lead to organ damage.

After a single infusion of the antibody, the patient's laboratory values normalized. The doctors believe that the two infections together had exacerbated the patient's kidney problems.

The researchers now want to investigate in further studies whether the antibody is also effective in other severe virus infections.

Source