• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

HARD HBOT THERAPY

anne_likes_red

Hi, yes back in the late 1990s I did several courses of 5 - 7 consecutive days in a hard chamber.
My doctor also gave me 40 grams IV Vitamin C prior to each dive.

Prior to my first HBOT treatment I was caught in a cycle of repeated cerebral toxoplasmosis infection "flares" and rounds of antibiotics and steroids. FWIW I've never needed treatment since.
So my acute situation improved markedly but HBOT administered that way didn't lead to long term improvement of ME. I've wondered since whether 1 x per week over a longer duration might be a better approach for a chronic condition. :)

Swim15

I’m definitely getting a soft chamber, trying to decide if I could find the funding to get a home hard chamber.

On that note, there needs to be a forum section for each state where you could find people in/near your city and potentially share treatments/costs like a hard chamber