• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Great Direct action /civil disobedience by ME/CFs patients at the NIH

BrightCandle

ME/CFS is of such concern to the NIH that having been shamed into a riduclously small budget for it in 2016 it hasn't increased it at all, making it the most underfunded disease based on the severity and number of sufferers by a huge margin while year on year having its budget inflated away, in real terms funding is going down. The NIH is not helping sufferers and their actions speak volumes.

Rufous McKinney

I suspect the road block is not Francis Collins.....and finding who is behind that road block is worth pursuing.

Rufous McKinney

I sent that link out again to social media so maybe it can get some more views.....

edit- Collins stepped down...so NEW ACTION is required to awaken whomever is doing the job now.

Last edited:

frozenborderline

ME/CFS is of such concern to the NIH that having been shamed into a riduclously small budget for it in 2016 it hasn't increased it at all, making it the most underfunded disease based on the severity and number of sufferers by a huge margin while year on year having its budget inflated away, in real terms funding is going down. The NIH is not helping sufferers and their actions speak volumes.
I know

frozenborderline

I suspect the road block is not Francis Collins.....and finding who is behind that road block is worth pursuing.
The buck has to stop somewhere. Collins and koroshetz were the main people in charge. I have an idea for a website and protest aimed at koroshetz who is still in charge but I need help with it

Rufous McKinney

Collins WAS the NIH director at the time this protest transpired.

Now he isn't.

Somebody else is now acting. Then somebody else replaces that one later on.

frozenborderline

Collins WAS the NIH director at the time this protest transpired.

Now he isn't.

Somebody else is now acting. Then somebody else replaces that one later on.
There are also directors of specific areas , koroshetz still has same job at the NINDS . Regardless I think they should spread this protest video a lot further to show how our community can occasionally be strong and disrupt the proceedings of a bureaucracy that is totally ignoring us . the media strategy need to be better. This protest could be a big deal but it didnt make it into any newspapers or news on tv and barely got any views on YouTube. We should be urging healthy allies to do protests like this and widely publicizing it and raising money to pay their bail