• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good gut start up kit?

I really want to fix my gut, but I try to be careful. I have bougth glutamine and have had difficulty finding information on side effects. I would like to know if there are any serious side effects? In addition, I would like to know which herbs can help fix the gut. I have read about 1001 different things that can help, but I'd like to keep it to a minimum so I almost know what works and what dosen´t. Anyone who can recommend a fixing gut start up kit?

perrier

I really want to fix my gut, but I try to be careful. I have bougth glutamine and have had difficulty finding information on side effects. I would like to know if there are any serious side effects? In addition, I would like to know which herbs can help fix the gut. I have read about 1001 different things that can help, but I'd like to keep it to a minimum so I almost know what works and what dosen´t. Anyone who can recommend a fixing gut start up kit?
Dear Captain John
I'm with you on the question. Everything tried on this end has not brought any results; the GI pains just storm ahead.

Runner5

Fiber feeds the good bacteria in your gut and it's the best way to boost your colonic friends.

I also take Intestinew from Renew Life (has L-Glutamine in it also, I've taken L-Glutamine for ten years without issue), Aloe Vera Gel Caps from NOW brand, and Slippery Elm. That generally fixes 90% of my GI complaints.

It sounds like you have Diverticulitis. Do you get a small fever after you eat by any chance? I also have a problem with my Sigmoid Colon and I get fevers and flu like symptoms after every meal. I had to cut out all animal products (they're constipating for me) and just eat loads of plants. It didn't cure it but has made me a lot more comfortable and given me a little more energy. I have a growth in my abdomen or hernia though and it's impacting the Sigmoid and my bladder and it is crazy uncomfortable. I can't diet or supplement my way out of that though, I have to go see the doc and probably get surgery (UGH!!!).

I always ate kinda carefully but then would have a Haagan Daz relapse or a Friday Night Pizza episode. This has actually made me start eating a lot better.

alkt

a haagan daz relapse sounds very painful lol liked the description. my sister unfortunately thinks nothing of eating an entire pot to herself in one sitting fortunately she doesn't have that relapse too often .

I have friends who have had success repairing their gut following the GAPS diet. You basically live off bone broth and then slowly add things back in to find your triggers. The collagen in the bone broth is meant to help repair leaky gut. There is a book called The GAPS diet. Might be worth a read.