• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Good doctor in the US? (SE preferred)

I'm looking for a doctor and / or somewhere I can get testing done that's relevant to ME specifically and / or CFS generally.

While my location is in the Mid-South / SE US, travel elsewhere may be possible.

My first priority is nailing down what specifically is going on. Is it ME? The more we know about what's going on, the better we can figure out what might help.

Any ideas or advice?

@WantToGetWell

I have ideas, but not advice! I live in the DC area, where we have nothing. I have been "eyeing" the following two places, but don't have the energy to travel South to them. Perhaps you would like to check them out if you are able.
1)
The Institute for Neuro-Immune Medicine at Nova Southeastern University
Located in Miami, FL and Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Dr. Allison Bested, Dr. Nancy Klimas, and Dr. Irma Rey

2)
The Hunter-Hopkins Center
Located in Charlotte, NC
Dr. Vincent Hillman and Dr. Charles Lapp

If money and energy weren't issues, I myself would give the Florida one a shot, as they are plugged into academic research.

@WantToGetWell

I have ideas, but not advice! I live in the DC area, where we have nothing. I have been "eyeing" the following two places, but don't have the energy to travel South to them. Perhaps you would like to check them out if you are able.
1)
The Institute for Neuro-Immune Medicine at Nova Southeastern University
Located in Miami, FL and Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Dr. Allison Bested, Dr. Nancy Klimas, and Dr. Irma Rey

2)
The Hunter-Hopkins Center
Located in Charlotte, NC
Dr. Vincent Hillman and Dr. Charles Lapp

If money and energy weren't issues, I myself would give the Florida one a shot, as they are plugged into academic research.
@FiliaLumen, can you give me some insight into how much they cost, especially Nova? Is there any other helpful information you can share?

ebethc

Has anyone on this board been to Lucinda Bateman? (Bateman Horne Center) I've always been surprised that there aren't more comments on her and also on Dr Nancy Klimas (I'm talking about first person accounts... ppl who've been patients of these docs)