• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Going Into Remission Again!

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
It's been about a week since my initial 6 rounds of plasmapheresis and I seem to be getting better every day. I no longer have intense derealization, less fatigue when doing basic tasks, no muscle twitches, no more burning in my head and slightly less mental fatigue. The only thing that hasn't changed (once again) is my vision.

I was able to go out for 13 hours yesterday with minimal PEM! This is all very reminiscent of how I felt a couple weeks after IVIGN It seems like PLEX IS helping me, but for whatever reason it was a delayed response.

I just wanted to give everyone an update as to how I'm doing after my Plasmapheresis treatments.

@Gingergrrl @Learner1 @Sidny @Aerose91

Sidny

Great news @crypt0cu1t very happy too see your latest rounds of treatments are having such a positive effect! Interesting even with your structural findings (retroflexed odontoid) that things are lookin up. Looks like theirs definitely an immune response driving the symptoms.

I wonder if the immune changes due to PLEX would be enough in and of themselves to alleviate or reverse the odontoid issue you discovered. Wonder if that finding even had any bearing on your symptoms at all?

Here’s to hoping this one really does the trick long term 🍻🙏

Gingergrrl

I just wanted to give everyone an update as to how I'm doing after my Plasmapheresis treatments.

Thx for tagging me in your update @crypt0cu1t and this is amazing news! I am so glad that you decided to stick it out a little longer with the PP to see if you would benefit from it. I feel very hopeful for you that you are on the right track and will continue to get better :hug:

crypt0cu1t

Great news @crypt0cu1t very happy too see your latest rounds of treatments are having such a positive effect! Interesting even with your structural findings (retroflexed odontoid) that things are lookin up. Looks like theirs definitely an immune response driving the symptoms.

I wonder if the immune changes due to PLEX would be enough in and of themselves to alleviate or reverse the odontoid issue you discovered. Wonder if that finding even had any bearing on your symptoms at all?

Here’s to hoping this one really does the trick long term 🍻🙏
Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I am wondering if my vision issues have to do with the retroflexed odontoid because the vision problems are the only thing that has never been touched.

crypt0cu1t

Thx for tagging me in your update @crypt0cu1t and this is amazing news! I am so glad that you decided to stick it out a little longer with the PP to see if you would benefit from it. I feel very hopeful for you that you are on the right track and will continue to get better :hug:
Thanks, I always appreciate your input and kind words :) I'll probably be doing rituxan soon too so I hope you dont mind me asking you questions about it :p