• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ginger Takes All by Jonathan Galland

*GG*

Aromatic ginger is a superstar of traditional Asian medicine. This spice has been treasured for thousands of years for its amazing flavor and impressive health benefits. Now ginger is the subject of research being done around the world for its ability to help prevent and combat disease.

contd at:

http://pilladvised.com/2010/03/ginger-takes-all/

Some people might find this informative.

GG

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
Odd you should post this. I've been using ginger (the pickled shaved slices that one finds as a garnish wiith Japanese food) to counteract nausea induced by a medication I'm taking. Wow! I can't believe how well it's working for me! I'm not used to herbs providing me any benefit. It was simple happenstance that I realized it settled my stomach when eating some store bought vegetarian sushi that came with a little garnish. When I mentioned it to my 79 year old mother-in-law yesterday, she told me women used to use it all the time to counteract the nausea they experienced during pregnancy. She said they just grated some fresh finger onto their food. I used to use liberal amounts of fresh ginger in my stir fried veggies all the time when I was well enough to cook. Love the heat!!! It feels like it increases circulation in my digestive system and it tastes good.