• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

German Army Defends Against Ticks and Lyme Disease Through Special Clothing

Wally

The linked video below is from 2015, but it has some interesting info. that I had not seen before.

The tick population has increased worldwide over the last 50 years and it has resulted in an increase in disease for both humans and other animals who may come in contact with these arthropods and the diseases that they transport.

This video showcases a special type of fabric that was developed to act as a defensive barrier to disable ticks from being able to effectively bite and thus infect people with an infectious disease(s).

Wolfcub

:eek:....is that what a Tick's face loooks like? I am usually compassionate towards all creatures, but now I like Ticks even less than I did before !

So the fabric is soaked with Permethrin? That's a great idea, so long as the permethrin doesn't have negative health effects for people (and dogs) However....even that might be better than Lyme disease.....

This looks like a good invention !