• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genetic research, looking for participants (from home) and ideas

Hufsamor

https://www.meassociation.org.uk/20...a0Bxq3y8q3fTMlSoIC1RbW5PG6b51Kpz93McEHSg4I1ec

• The study will analyse DNA (= genetic material) from the saliva of 20,000 ME/CFS patients to see whether ME/CFS is partly genetic and if so, what might be causing the disease.
  • The study should help us to increase our understanding of the disease and why it sometimes occurs in more than one member of a family.
  • This research could also help in the discovery of diagnostic biomarkers and drug treatments that would be worth investigating.
At this stage, you can help in two ways, whether you’re a patient or a supporter.

1. Everyone can sign up to say that they’d like to hear if the study gets under way so that they can help spread the word, and patients can indicate that they might like to take part in the study.
  2. The ME/CFS Biomedical Partnership would like your thoughts on how best to recruit patients. This will be a huge challenge and we need your ideas.
You can find out more about the study on the FAQs page of the MCBP website.