• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gene mutations and Folate/B vitamin high

godlovesatrier

Hi there,

I recently got my 23andme gene results back. Which showed several double mutations for b vitamin folate and vitamin d issues. The two double mutations were MTHFR C677T AA and MTR A2756G GG with single on VDR Taq VDR Bsm and MTRR A66G AG. So I decided to supplement with some high strength vitamins b12, b6 and folate. However after a few days of taking these I started to get quite "high" with a sort of anxious energy, much like taking a stimulant like siberian ginseng. However after 4 days of this I started to experience deep muscle fatigue and dizziness/disorientation at worse levels than previous. I've obviously discontinued them but I am wondering whether taking them once a week would be better?

Has anyone had any luck taking these high strengths once a week? and has anyone experience the high as well from these 3 supplements? I'm interested because I want to pin point where the high is coming from as it's giving me restless legs (for lack of a better description) which is only making the fatigue worse and disturbing my sleep badly (more than it was previously).

I started taking
B12 Methylcobalamin 1000ug
b6 pyridoxine 100mg
l-methylfolate 1000mcg

Also has anyone experienced benefits taking the folate on its own without the b vitamins? It seems obvious to me now that if you take these 3 down regulation occurs in the brain when you come off them due to to serotonin and dopamine levels being thrown out of whack. I know a crash with these is very unpleasant.

Thanks in advance!

sometexan84

Have you tried TMG, N-acetylcysteine, riboflavin, curcumin, fish oil, Vitamins C, D, E, and probiotics