• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gene analysis

Pearshaped

My dr want me to do a Genanalysis, he did not say what he thinks I have, he just said it would make sense if I had a metabolic disease on top of ME that was always there but never discovered bec it is not always full blown in all people.
I know ME is not a genetic illness.
so my question is,
if you were me, which diseases should be looked for ? I have a feeling that it could help them when I come up wirh some ideas. @Zebra you told me once bec of my low amino acids in blood, even though i eat plenty of protein sources, it could be someting metabolic, do you (or anyone) have any specific ideas ?

Zebra

Hi, @Pearshaped

I'm happy to think on this and share what I remember from my own experience and genetic work up, which took place in 2016 & 2017.

Would you please post a link to the amino acids discussion? That would help prompt my memory. Thanks!