• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF and TPO-Antibodies / Hashimoto?

Dear all,

i have followed with great interest your postings and experiences with GcMAF. I am thinking about visiting KDM and going on this treatment. But in a recent presentation KDM said people with high TPO antibodies were excluded from the treatment. As I have hashimoto desease for many years now I am very interested, what exactly KDM means by "high". Is there anybody here who suffers from hashimoto and is on GcMAF? And do you know anything about which TPOs numbers are still tolerated in relation to GcMAF? I assume there are quite a few here with CFS/ME and Hashimoto at the same time.

Thank you so much in advance for your thoughts!

Blue

Overstressed

Hi Blue,

I have Hashimoto's, although my number (anti-thyroglobuline) was very low, before starting Gc-Maf. Note however, I'm not a patient of KDM. Note also, when I started Gc-Maf, I had no anti-TPO, ONLY anti-thyroglobuline. At one moment, during Gc-Maf treatment,I had anti-TPO popping up from nowhere. I started then supplementing with selenium (300ug) and after checking back months later, my antibodies nearly normalised. Unfortunately, I had to quit Selenium since I started to get tachycardia. My tachycardia has been improved now. I advise you to start with a lower dose of Selenium, 200 micrograms daily, because I have also kidney problems now and I think it's because of Selenium. Selenium can be very toxic if taken too long and in high quantitiy. I took it too long, I think.

Best regards,
OS.

Hi Overstressed,

thank you so much for your post! Very interesting, that you have developed TPO's on GcMaf. And great, the Selenium helped initially. I have been taking Selenium for many years, but it did nothing to my TPOs which are often four-digit. Did your doctor say something about the highest still tolerated number of antibodies while taking GcMaf?

Because I don't totally understand why not to take it with high antibodies. When I had only Hashimoto's I didn't feel high antibodies at all...

Well I will try to get an answer on this by KDM before going on the journey to Belgium...

Thanks again and many regards,
Blue

gu3vara

I also have Hashimoto, my anti-tpo are a bit have normal. I don't really care about them going up as it only attacks the thyroid and mine is already out of order. Maybe I'm missing something here but if it's only to prevent hypothyroidism from worsening, I really don't care..!

kewia

Hi @Blue,

did you try GcMAF?

Hmm, I used to have hypothyroidism before GcMAF treatment, and still have it afterwards.
If I had antibodies against my thyroid before my GcMAF treatment as it is the case now, I don't know, maybe.