• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

game

golden

i hope no-one minds the light hearted title.

what i have been trying to do, is find some order in the illness.

say 1 being most fundamental thing to address. i might have started with the lymphatic system - but have changed the order since learning more - so this is my guess....

1) glutathione depletion

2) leads to poor lymphatic function

3) leads to toxin build up

4) leads to immune problems

5) leads to toxins in the brain

6) leads to hypothalamus malfunction

7) knock on effect to the pituitary gland

8) knock on effect to the thyroid/paratbyroid

9) food/chemical sensitivities

10) adrenal fatigue.

i was hoping that people could add inwhat i have missed :)

adding in supplements without getting the lymphatic system working is what has causex me toxic problems in the past too - so order is important.

taniaaust1

I cant think of this illnesses pathway being a simple linear one...wish it were that simple. I think with this illness is that it has one of those pathways which cycle.. round in circles... eg a causes b, b causes c, c causes d, d causes a.. etc could be lots of bits in that with more then one part cycling and with off shoots going everywhere as the issues end up leading to coexising other things with in turn may lead to other possible coexisters.

I personally do not think we have just one fundamental thing to address.. but will need to address various parts if we are to have much hope of recovery.

One big part which is missing from your chart is the autonomic issues eg NMH, POTS etc.. where do they come in? I guess on your chart they could stem from the immune issues leading to then viruses.. and viruses can cause damage to the autonomic system (but that would be branching off).

golden

I cant think of this illnesses pathway being a simple linear one...wish it were that simple. I think with this illness is that it has one of those pathways which cycle.. round in circles... eg a causes b, b causes c, c causes d, d causes a.. etc could be lots of bits in that with more then one part cycling and with off shoots going everywhere as the issues end up leading to coexising other things with in turn may lead to other possible coexisters.

I personally do not think we have just one fundamental thing to address.. but will need to address various parts if we are to have much hope of recovery.

One big part which is missing from your chart is the autonomic issues eg NMH, POTS etc.. where do they come in? I guess on your chart they could stem from the immune issues leading to then viruses.. and viruses can cause damage to the autonomic system (but that would be branching off).

thankyou - very well put. - we could branch off in sub-sections :)

a swirly tree of catch 22s

i have only just realised pots issues etc. could also a dysfunctional thyroid cause pots?

also i think gut bacteria may come first on my list and have created glutathione depletion.
by somehow weakening the system and using up all the gluthathione - later on down the line there then becomes absorption problems causing deficiencies.