• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Game-Changing "Leaky Gut" Treatment (Larazotide Acetate) will soon be available

mitoMAN

Very interesting! Wondering if this applies to ALL assays for Zonulin. Meaning all studies investigating serum Zonulin were "off"?

Any symptom improvements? Gut better? Can you eat gluten now?
Yes, I almost forgot my gut was my 17year long problem. No bloating, no pain so far.
Have only done two Gluten challenges, both well tolerated. But I am afraid of overdoing it with Gluten and end up in pain again. So I will do slowly!

So far this was the best treatment for my gut.

Rufous McKinney

Most of us have tried all kinds of things with diets without any huge jump in health

What has shocked me is how little improvement in overall health transpired after making major dietary changes.

By reallly really cutting back on carby stuff, refined sugar etc, I have fewer joint issues.

by reducing wind thru diet (mostly cooked oily warm foods) No salads, no bitter greens: i have very few joint issues any longer.

But thats about it for- overall improvement there.

thingsvarious

Looks pretty interesting, thanks for sharing. However, proper sourcing will always be an issue, furthermore having adequate stability of the product

op2pig

op2ig
Hello @mitoMAN , I'm joining this thread. Fascinating to see the work you are doing.

I have a unique condition called "Oral Allergy Syndrome" (OAS) which makes me unable to eat raw vegetables. There is really no OAS treatment - clinical research on the efficacy of immunotherapy is mixed. The challenge is I had relied on a raw vegan diet to manage my autoimmune condition- from 3/20/2020 to 7/9/2020 I was in 100% remission after 15 years of suffering with mixed connective tissue disease/chronic fatigue. On 7/9/2020, my OAS was triggered and I have been unable to consume raw vegetables since. This is morbid cosmic joke!

The Journal of Clinical and Translational Allergy( https://ctajournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13601-020-00329-8) suggests that intestinal permeability is causal factor in OAS so I am extremely interested in treatments to heal intestinal permeability.

Forgive me if this has been discussed at length but I have two questions:
1. Where can I get an assessment of my Zonulin levels?
2. Is your source for the larazotide acetate-proxy supplement still able to provide this content to prospective customers?

Cheers!
Op2

Last edited:

mitoMAN

Well you might want to test I-FABP as marker for intestinal permeability.
Zonulin in Serum and Stool might be useful but as jaybee pointed out these might not be as accurate as we were hoping for.

The Larazotide Acetate we use has unknown filler in it (30%) so I cant guarnatee that you will tolerate it. Its probably Mannitol.

op2pig

op2ig
Thank you, @mitoMAN , I will follow-up on an I-FAP test in addition to the Cyrex Array #2 test that I am taking, which I just submitted today.

Yes, I can tolerate Mannitol- so that should not be an issue. I'm eager to hear about your results. Many of us are curious about larazotide acetate's healing potential beyond celiac's disease and you seem to be our intestinal permeability pioneer.

op2pig

op2ig
Update: I ordered my raw larazotide powder today as well as all the necessary equipment. I got my zonulin levels tested on Friday 4/9/2021. I will start supplementing .025mg x 3 daily and will track my progress. I will update this thread.

My DX: Lupus in 11/2005; Oral Allergy Syndrome 07/2020.

op2pig

op2ig
I completed a second Zonulin test today (GI Test) one week after my 4/9/2021 Zonulin antibody test. I will post my baseline results and will start tracking my Zonulin levels trend at 8 week intervals as soon as I begin taking Larazotide, which should arrive in the next 3 weeks. Go Team Intestinal Permeability: We Got This!!! :D

mitoMAN

I'm planning to make capsules for Gut health with
0.25mg Larazotide Acetate,
0.25mg KPV,
0.25mg KdPT,
0.25mg TB-4 Fragment 1-4 (Potent Antiinflammatory)

Taken 3x Daily before meals in enteric coated capsules

(Leaving out ARG-BPC this time as it didnt seem to target my problems)

Then also proceed with systemic injections of

0.25mg KPV,
0.25mg KdPT,
0.25mg TB-4 Fragment 1-4 (Potent Antiinflammatory)

Hoosierfans

I am starting my Larazotide today, .25 mg 3 x day before meals. I am using the same source as @mitoMAN and @op2pig. 👍🏻

I have multiple Dx, including POTS, ME / CFS, neuropathy, idiopathic chronic dizziness and CIRS. Biggest symptoms are all over burning, dizziness, fatigue and cognitive decline with memory loss.

I am hoping the Larazotide helps my reactions to foods (which seem to be delayed), reactions to yeast and just overall symptoms (especially neuro ones). To date, gut healing protocols and special diets haven’t been effective.

I did two tests for Zonulin levels / antigens to Zonulin prior to starting but don’t have those results yet. Will post when I do. 👍🏻

Hoosierfans

I should also say that I am chronically iron deficient. I get IV infusions every 2-3 months as, for some reason, I don’t absorb oral iron. Interestingly I recently came up copper deficient but I *have* been able to raise my copper levels through oral supplementation. It will be interesting to see if Larazotide helps me absorb and hold on to iron.

op2pig

op2ig
I am starting my Larazotide today, .25 mg 3 x day before meals. I am using the same source as @mitoMAN and @op2pig. 👍🏻

I have multiple Dx, including POTS, ME / CFS, neuropathy, idiopathic chronic dizziness and CIRS. Biggest symptoms are all over burning, dizziness, fatigue and cognitive decline with memory loss.

I am hoping the Larazotide helps my reactions to foods (which seem to be delayed), reactions to yeast and just overall symptoms (especially neuro ones). To date, gut healing protocols and special diets haven’t been effective.

I did two tests for Zonulin levels / antigens to Zonulin prior to starting but don’t have those results yet. Will post when I do. 👍🏻

Break a leg!!!

op2pig

op2ig
@Hoosierfans, bear in mind what mitoMAN wrote:

Larazotide acts locally and needs to enter the deeper intestines.
Taking them in regular capsules or with food will dissolve them already in your stomach.
No systemic effect sadly.
Yes, our understanding is that Enteric coating is necessary to the capsules to dissolve in the intestines and not the stomach.

Hoosierfans

@Hoosierfans, bear in mind what mitoMAN wrote:

Larazotide acts locally and needs to enter the deeper intestines.
Taking them in regular capsules or with food will dissolve them already in your stomach.
No systemic effect sadly.
Correct. I’ve put it in enteric coated capsules for that very reason. And am taking 15-30 minutes before I eat each meal. 👍🏻

op2pig

op2ig
Update: My zonulin tests showed up as normal so I am waiting for my lactulose: mannitol (LM) test resulrts before moving forward with Larazotide. I'll keep the thread updated!

Hoosierfans

Update! My Zonulin tests are abnormal. Stool Zonulin came back high at 124.1 (normal is below 107). Still waiting on my Cyrex Array #2 (antibodies to Zonulin)

I did both tests prior to starting to Larazotide, and will report back after a few months on it. 👍🏻🙃