• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fundraising for Clinical Study for Potential ME/CFS Treatment

Belbyr

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 7.59.51 PM.png

Navid

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @Ben H

Can anyone provide more info as to what this means. Simmaron is not Dr. Davis' team; it is Dr. Peterson so what might this drug be....an anti-viral? ampligen? I know Dr. Peterson has a whole slew of drugs/treatments he uses on his patients.

Thanks

Belbyr

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @Ben H

Can anyone provide more info as to what this means. Simmaron is not Dr. Davis' team; it is Dr. Peterson so what might this drug be....an anti-viral? ampligen? I know Dr. Peterson has a whole slew of drugs/treatments he uses on his patients.

Thanks

I was wondering about ampligen... I also wonder if it is something that damps neuroinflammation that crosses the BBB. When we see pics of Whitney walking out of his room, I will begin to believe we have found something.

HowToEscape?

Petersen is far from nobody, he's been treating people with this class of disease since Incline Village.
2c: It won't be any sort of miracle cure, but if it leads to one of the few existing treatments being approved and thus covered by one's insurance, it's a significant step forward. Any such treatment will probably work for less than half of us.
We're such a diverse group that if X is claimed to work for all of us, the study is defective or, more likely, disingenuous. (PACE).

Navid

Almost sure this is to raise funds to continue ampligen which is called a clinical study in another post on the same facebook page. So nothing new here....and not related to OMF.

Belbyr

Do they know how Ampligen works in CFS?

Would more of us be on it if the cost was very reasonable?