• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Full Body Burning Pain and Erratic/Painful Heartbeat

Hey guys,

About two weeks ago I started having a tight feeling in my chest, a bit of coughing and a sense of throat constriction when I was trying to sleep. We cleaned the dust out of that room after a few days of that. Then, after a couple of days of spending time out in the sun, I started having full-body burning pain that feels close to the surface (not like post-exertional crashing). I'm also having an erratic heartbeat and a bit of chest pain when I get to sleep. The only thing that fixes that and lets me sleep so far is Xanax.

Any insight into the cause/solution would be much appreciated!

Tammy

Whenever someone mentions burning pain..........I think of the shingles virus. Many do not know that you can have non-rashing shingles virus.............and yes it can occur all over the body..........doesn't have to be hallmarked as occurring on only one side.

caledonia

The symptoms happening during sleep could either be reflux or sleep apnea.

So lets pretend it's reflux - it can either be from high or low stomach acid. You can try something like betaine hydrochloride to increase stomach acid, or use one of the over the counter acid blockers to reduce stomach acid. My doc says a H2 blocker like Pepcid is better than a PPI like Prilosec because it doesn't kill off the proton pump inhibitors and screw up your absorption of vitamins and minerals.

For sleep apnea, a visit to a sleep doc and getting a sleep study would be good.

If it's apnea, the Xanax could make it worse, because it would make your palate relax even more. But it seems like it's working because you (semi) sleep through the apneas, vs. being more fully awakened by them.

The sun thing sounds like a different issue. Are you on any medications that say don't go out in the sun?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I'm also having an erratic heartbeat and a bit of chest pain when I get to sleep. The only thing that fixes that and lets me sleep so far is Xanax.
Do you have a doctor who can check this out and discover what is happening with your erratic heartbeat? They might give you a monitor to wear to get to the root of it.