• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

From IBS to ME

ljimbo423

I think this paper has an awful lot of things right. I'd like to see many other papers follow this research. For myself, I'm convinced that 35-40 courses of antibiotics, many of which were taken before the age of 15-16, lead to my ME/CFS, through my gut.

Getting rid of the gut biofilms of yeast or inflammatory bacteria from antibiotic over-prescribing, is often extremely difficult and can take years. I'm on year 3, have made some good progress but still not able to work yet.

This march starts with antibiotic induced intestinal biofilm and IBS in young people and proceeds to a systemic disease with chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and possibly ME later in life.

I would just like to add that one does not need to have IBS to have significant dysbiosis and the many systemic effects from it.

Thanks for posting this Hufsamor!:)

Rufous McKinney

I would just like to add that one does not need to have IBS to have significant dysbiosis and the many systemic effects from it.

I can recall IBS-type events at age 7. So this stuff can start very very early.

Unfortunately do not know how many antibiotics I was subjected to as a child. I got lots of "strep throat". But I know my parents got fed up taking me to the doctor, and I didn't go that often.

If I somehow manage to control every single variable, it seems to be inevitable that Bad Intestine Day- occur often and makes me so TIRED and wiped out. Often for 72 hours. It seems like I get one good day for every 5.

ljimbo423

Unfortunately do not know how many antibiotics I was subjected to as a child. I got lots of "strep throat". But I know my parents got fed up taking me to the doctor, and I didn't go that often.

From what my mother told me, when I was young, under 10 y.o., I use to get a lot of ear infections from swimming (swimmers ear), also strep throat, etc. When I was a teenager, I started to get bronchitis after a cold or a flu, once or twice year for many years.

If I somehow manage to control every single variable, it seems to be inevitable that Bad Intestine Day- occur often and makes me so TIRED and wiped out. Often for 72 hours. It seems like I get one good day for every 5.

I remember when I was mostly bedridden and would get flu-like flares that would last anywhere from 7-14 days. Very often not even connected to anything I did physically, because I did very, very little.

It's seems there wasn't any rhyme or reason to them, they would just "show up"!

Rufous McKinney

From what my mother told me, when I was young, under 10 y.o., I use to get a lot of ear infections from swimming (swimmers ear), also strep throat, etc. When I was a teenager, I started to get bronchitis after a cold or a flu, once or twice year for many years.

well, my severe food allergies at one did NOT result in me having asthma. So thats one thing i don't have YAY. so that part of their prediction in the paper did not old true in my case. So my daughter has the asthma.

I really wonder about ear infections. My daughter had: many. I had: none. Since I got everything where were these inner ear infections in the 1950s ? I had one severe ear ache in high school...never got swimmers ear either.

I would like to try LL-37. Where did you get it from? Does a doctor have to prescribe it to make sure it is genuine?
got mine from Canlabs, but there are about a dozen other online options. My Weightlifter Cousin uses Purerawz to get some of his peptides and was happy w/ them, but I went with the prior. Also I never got an Rx, I DIY'ed it. I've had horrible experiences with about a dozen incompetent Doctors until finally working with a Immunologist who helped diagnose me and offer some things to try, but he since retired. I have read that some Doctors are working with their patients and prescribing some peptides at a place called "Tailormadecompounding" in the U.S., so you can always try that