• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free Mikovits web talk from Cheney Clinic/Wednesday Feb. 10th! 1:00 EST

Lynn

Free webcast: Paul Cheney & Judy Mikovits PhD, via speaker phone 2/20

Free Live Web Broadcast:
XMRV and CFS Q&A Session

Paul Cheney PhD and Judy Mikovits PhD, via speaker phone, will be holding a live web broadcast to answer your questions on XMRV and CFS. This broadcast is open to anyone.

CheneyResearch.com Subscribers and Cheney Clinic Patients may submit questions for this live broadcast. You may submit your questions via the CheneyResearch.com website here.

Event Details:

Topic: XMRV and CFS Q&A
Date: February 20, 2010
Time: 2:00 PM EST to until
Where? www.cheneyresearch.com/live

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
It looks like you have to be a member of CheneyResearch.com (rather than just a subscriber to his blog) or one of Cheney's patients, in order to submit a question.

Submit Your Question

Please sign into your CheneyResearch.com account to see the question submission form. If you are not a member, click here to learn more about membership.

Lynn

Pro Health says that the event is available FREE to anyone.

Tune in at 2 pm Eastern Time This Saturday to hear Dr. Judy Mikovits, PhD, and Dr. Paul Cheney, MD, answer questions from around the world regarding the XMRV retrovirus and ME/CFS.

• The event is available FREE to anyone. For the time where you live, go to the World Clock Time Converter, plug in the time (2 pm Feb 20) and time zone (EST North America), and convert to the place where you live.

• To watch, simply visit the Cheney Research LIVE Web Broadcasts page (www.cheneyresearch.com/live), where you can download the latest version of Flash player if needed.

• Question submission is invited through Friday, Feb 19 from subscribers to CheneyResearch.com and patients of the Cheney Clinic.

Topics are likely to include:

• The second UK-based study reporting failure to find XMRV in ME/CFS patient samples, published online Feb 15 ("Absence of xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus in UK patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.")

• The collaborative XMRV research project that Mikovits & Cheney reportedly have planned,

• And much more regarding the researchers’ current and projected work.

Dr. Mikovits is Director of Research at the Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease (www.wpinstitute.org) in Reno, Nevada. Dr. Mikovits led the team which published the Oct 6, 2009 paper in Science, "Detection of Infectious Retrovirus, XMRV, in the Blood Cells of CFS Patients."

Dr. Cheney is a long-time ME/CFS clinical researcher, and director of the Cheney Clinic (http://www.cheneyclinic.com) in Asheville, North Carolina.

cfs since 1998

I'm going to try to watch this one live. The last one was supposed to be posted to the website after it was recorded and it never was.

D

dmarie4301

Was this talk in Santa Barbara ever posted via transcription or video? I screwed up on the timing and missed it.
I think it's horribel Cheney wants $50 go access his site. Maybe we cant watch the video without putting money down.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Was this talk in Santa Barbara ever posted via transcription or video? I screwed up on the timing and missed it.
I think it's horribel Cheney wants $50 go access his site. Maybe we cant watch the video without putting money down.

dmarie,

As far as I can tell, it has not been posted yet. When it is, it will be posted in the Public Blog window of Cheney's site for FREE viewing.

I thought there was a transcription of this latest lecture by Dr. Judy, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe someone else will know.

I think it was held in Ashville, North Carolina not Santa Barbara.

K

_Kim_

I won't be able to listen in on this. Can some of our nimble-fingered members (Robin??? Rachel???) try and jot down some of the more salient points? Thanks.

Countrygirl

=dmarie4301;47188]Was this talk in Santa Barbara ever posted via transcription or video? I screwed up on the timing and missed it.

It is free, dmarie, but perhaps only after you have signed up for his free newsletter. I've had an e-mail from him, and it's ready to go with the screen just saying off line. It isn't, if you just click on the Cheney site and are not receiving his updates. perhaps you had better log into his site. Sorry, I haven't yet fathomed out how to do the link for you yet, but am sure a mod will fly to your rescue.

KIM :Sign Help:....ANYONE?.....DMARIE NEEDS TO KNOW WHERE TO GO TO SIGN IN FOR DR CHENEY'S NEWSLETTERS, SO SHE CAN ACCESS THE TALK. Thanks. :thumbsup:

C.G.

http://www.cheneyresearch.com/live

It is free to listen.

Free Live Web Broadcast :
XMRV and CFS Q&A Session
Paul Cheney PhD and Judy Mikovits PhD, via speaker phone, will be holding a live web broadcast to answer your questions on XMRV and CFS. This broadcast is open to anyone.

Note: Only CheneyResearch.com Subscribers and Cheney Clinic Patients may submit questions for this live broadcast.

Event Details:

Topic: XMRV and CFS Q&A
Date: February 20, 2010
Time: 2:00 PM EST to until
Where?

http://www.cheneyresearch.com/live

SeaShel

OMG!! I wish Dr Cheney would have tested how the speaker phone was going to come across and maybe considered Skpe or something similar. My sensory overload went berserk with the speaker phone.

Hope some one else can tolerate and hang in there through this, but I had to bug out.

Shelley