• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

France ASFC to clinically evaluate ME/CFS pathogenesis model by Bio-Modeling Systems

Frenchguy

http://www.bmsystems.net/download/p...drome-validation-english-CS-ASFC-17072018.pdf

Paris, France July 17, 2018: The Scientific Committee of the French Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Association (ASFC) has decided to evaluate in clinic the CADI™ (Computer Assisted Deductive Integration) model of CFS pathogenesis mechanisms produced by Bio-Modeling Systems (BMSystems) to bring novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies faster to patients.

The two organizations will combine their competencies to improve understanding of the physiopathology and to accelerate treatment discovery for this poorly served, debilitating disorder for which challenges are considerable and therapeutic approaches non-satisfactory. To this end, the partners have launched an innovative research program which combines the scientific and clinical know-how of the Scientific and Medical teams attached to the Association with BMSystems’ heuristic CADI™ Discovery modeling platform and the scientific talents of its team of biologists. More specifically, BMSystems has constructed a CADI™ model that, by integrating immunological dysregulations with their systemic metabolic, physiological and cognitive consequences, describes and explains the causal CFS mechanisms and their modes of clinical progression, leading to the formulation of potential targeted treatments.

The purpose of this collaboration is to evaluate in the clinic the CADI™ model's predictions and open new avenues that will be decisive for the understanding, the diagnosis and the treatment of the disease. The CADI™ model construction was entirely self-financed by BMSystems, revealing its confidence to jointly identify and characterize mechanisms that will quicker provide specific combined therapies to the patients.

The scientific program is placed under the shared leadership of Pr. Jean-Dominique de Korwin (Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Nancy, Lorraine University) President of the Scientific Committee of the ASFC, Dr. François Iris, founder & CSO of BMSystems and Dr. Thanos Beopoulos, Integrative Biologist at BMSystems.

Enfin la France se bouge !

Frenchguy

Enfin mon ami :)

Yes, great new .
I am very interested of their concept which use CADI system.

French group millions missing said they can't said more on this because they will probably deposit a patent.

I spoke about this to @Ben H and @Janet Dafoe (Rose49), that this company have great biologists and they are working on physiopathological model to explain ME/CFS, which people improve, which people progress over time, but no response.

I think OMF must be interested because they lack money to perform this complex research.

Their concept is to center the research on key points to test treatments soon.

mariovitali

@Frenchguy

Will they give any clues as to the root of the problem? It seems that their software performs some kind of Root-cause analysis, which is quite interesting.

I dont know if you saw Derya Unumtaz's Webinar yesterday. Even though i was expecting to hear more about ME/CFS, it was good that i heard many times about Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. At least we will not be getting the funny looks so often now.

Frenchguy

@mariovitali

I think they will give informations in near future but I can't be sure.

My internist tell me at my last visit to meet Pr de Korwin because he haven't specifically knowledges in metabolic problems.

I will take an appointment with him to see and to try to learn about their work.

I don't saw the Unutmaz webinar. I will try to look

mariovitali

The press release and description of their modelling approach on BMSystems is unfortunately, quite vague.

But here is an article written by de Korwin et al, who is the clinical lead. (in French, Dec 2016)

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0248866316303526

Note that the manuscript has some speculation and hypothesizing about "stress pathways" and psychological factors perpetuating CFS.

They could definitely work a bit more on the presentation side. After looking at some presentations, they are using a number of techniques that i have been using (Natural Language Processing, Network Analysis) and also Biological Pathway Analysis which resembles what Robert Phair is doing.

It will be interesting to see what they find.