• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For those w experience w Valcyte....

Hoosierfans

If you had a flare in your symptoms, how long did it last?

I started Valcyte 10 days ago and it’s been *interesting*...for the first 6 days or so some of my baseline symptoms (dizziness, lightheaded, skin burning) improved, but I felt like I had the flu (headaches, muscle aches, just feeling sick). Overall this was feeling “better” for me.

The past 3-4 days I’ve hit a big wall — all my original symptoms are back in full force, and a bit worse. Now I’m super nauseous and vomiting in the mornings. I’ve heard that people flare / worsen in Valcyte at first, but I haven’t seen any actual stories of that happening and how long it usually lasts.

keeping up w lots of water, some fiber, and some glutathione to try and push these dying buggies out of me!