• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For many sufferers of long Covid, proving they are sick is a big part of the battle

IThinkImTurningJapanese

For many sufferers of long Covid, proving they are sick is a big part of the battle

Here we go again.
(CNN)Lyth Hishmeh kept feeling ill months after contracting coronavirus a year ago in March. He had chest pain and couldn't concentrate. At 26 years old, the former regular runner was fatigued and breathless, struggling to function properly. Yet medical professionals kept telling him he simply could not still be ill.
"They were telling me it's all in my head," he said. For Hishmeh who lives in London and many sufferers of long Covid, proving they are sick has become a big part of trying to get better.

Sledgehammer

He had chest pain and couldn't concentrate. At 26 years old, the former regular runner was fatigued and breathless, struggling to function properly. Yet medical professionals kept telling him he simply could not still be ill.
"They were telling me it's all in my head," he said. For Hishmeh who lives in London and many sufferers of long Covid, proving they are sick has become a big part of trying to get better.
Here we go again.

I'd like to add something here if I may. The person in question lives in London.

Having lived there myself I've seen many of these runners out in really heavy traffic at all times of the day and evening. I often wondered what effect breathing in exaust fumes has on the human body.
After reading many articles in both the media and science journals perhaps pollution should also be taken into account. Why? Because it's the elephant in the room that rarely gets a mention.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/c-change/subtopics/coronavirus-and-pollution/

Last edited: