• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

foot pain

Anyone experiencing foot pain?

It is a kind of pain that feels more like fatigue but the fatigue is so extreme that it feels like pain, it is a really annoying feeling in your feet.
It is the worst when reading, studying, watching tv, sitting in a car, sitting in a restaurant etc. and it gets worse when under high stress.
Anyone knows how to treat it? What helps a bit for me is a hot bath or a massage.

Thank you!

Do you mean the sort of pain you get when you've been on your feet for hours and hours? Only you haven't? I get this every day, esp in the morning when I wake up. It's like the soles of my feet have been standing on a hard floor all night!

I find walking around does lessen it a little, but that's perhaps because i notice it less when I'm occupied. I feel like it's nerve pain rather than muscle or bone - don't you?

I find gabapentin helps a bit at night (if you take enough it also its you to sleep which is a Brucie's bonus) and I have just started taking Effexor (venlafaxine) at a very low dose - it is an anti-depressant but it hasn't messed with my head at all - just greatly reduced my pain. My feet do still hurt though. Massage only seems to work for as long as they are being massaged!

I dont have really bad pain when resting but they do have periods of severe aching occassionally; but ever since getting ill, virtually all shoes hurt my feet and hard floors hurt my feet.
The only thing my feet are okay with is slipper boots with thick foam soles just to be able to walk on wooden floors indoors.
The cold affects mine greatly, the only time they feel relatively okay is after soaking them in hot water.

I hear you! Goodbye to my 4 inch Jimmy Choos! Even some of my ballet flats hurt now. Something seems to happen to my left foot where it gets squeezed too tight and I get a shooting pain right up form the sole within minutes of putting certain shoes on. (Ones I've had for ages and which have never given me any problems before) I've taken to having flip-flops in my bag permanently now, in case I can't deal any more all of a sudden. Luckily I'm in Los Angeles, so it's possible most of the year (although it's not all good - the heat swells my feet and aggravates the condition) I am English though and only moved here when i was 30 (before I got fibro) I can't imagine how I could cope with the boots an thick socks I used to wear!

I thought I was the only one! Although it seems there might be only 4 of us....
In 2013 I got plantar fasciitis (PF), so I know what that feels like. But that self-resolved within a year. Now, in the past 3 years, my feet just constantly ache, but in quite a way different from PF. Often my gait is affected because it is so uncomfortable to walk. It;s my whole foot, both, that are aching. Nothing helps, rubbing them, flexing them, soaking them, moving them, not moving them. I have tried to look it up but cannot find anything, maybe it is unique to me.

Seven7

Seven
Believe it or not, mine goes away after a few days of sleeping with socks. In my case the OI causes me to have circulations issues ( I had very cold feet and hands).