• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Food and supplement safety recalls thread

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Thought I'd start a thread on recalled food, supplements, etc since many of us are sick already. We don't need something more that our body has to deal with.

(I did try to search first and there isn't such a thread among the Similar threads suggested as I was setting this up so hopefully not a duplicate topic.)

This first one is about organic strawberries and Hepatitis A contamination.

https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2023...5JcsTyVuHiIn-Ul7aOqufLqr6m-eftaeJUuH7DZmIzpQc

@YippeeKi YOW !! also mentioned something about flaxseed contamination recently.

To clarify this is just to let people know about food, medication (and I suppose we could include other recalls related to safety and health) here.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Thought I'd start a thread on recalled food, supplements, etc since many of us are sick already. We don't need something more that our body has to deal with.
BRILLIANT !!!!

I think it was @linusbert who recommended something similar, primarily aimed at supp and herb producers who used to be terrific. Hhe mentioned Thorne Labs whose ingredients on some products have deteriorated considerably.

This is a great thread @Judee and a real service to our community ....

Zebra

Judee

Zebra

Hi, @Judee

You are so kind to think of me! I am feeling my usual baseline level of bad. 😉
Unfortunately, it can take up to 70 days for symptoms of Listeria to show up! So, I've decided that during my next appt with my primary care physician, I will ask him to please make a note of the exposure in my chart, just in case. The last two times I had blood work, my WBC count was below normal, so I feel a bit more at risk.

Judee

Not exactly a recall but didn't want to start a new thread. This is about laws that have made the term "Organic" regarding food less meaningful in the USA :( per the following article:

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/organic-becoming-meaningless-food-label/

Quote from that site:

"Anyway, Chef Tony was telling me that in the span of a single year, the USDA increased the number of allowable fillers and additives in USDA Organic foods from 8 to nearly 300!! The push for expansion of fillers and additives in USDA Organic food is coming from none other than Big Food. Big Food companies like Kraft, Cargill, Heinz, Kellogg and others are gobbling up small organic food companies by the dozens while at the same time, diluting the very meaning of the “organic” label itself."

That may also be true for supplement companies. As of 2021 Solgar (a brand I trusted) is now owned by Nestle Company. :(

If you know of any other companies like that please feel free to comment.

Edit: https://www.good.is/Business/food-brands-owners-rp