• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Follow ME/CFS researchers gathering around the world

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

It's so nice to see all of these wonderful researchers and advocates together. Hope you enjoy.
Tocq_jpLnd-dCvxKHzsxwmvp0QJ_hAFqJKB1Bl-Ek0kLzjzQyBcJCsus1E99yTjkwYjs67JX6_9RcOfHiwuQhHKrn6PD6Yc5o4nZlkbVA7NkfKNwws0ueEF_tsZrtL2nREnorGCgOzFGBQlxZtwZJp7oha3vAh4Xf0UZeyVnJNj1NN_zTKflEXYlkGEgyshDBEpSvpk8hbPaiWA=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear friends,

We are in a very busy and exciting time. OMF-funded scientists are meeting around the globe with other experts to advance research. We were thrilled to have such a strong presence at the Emerge Australia conference. As reports, recordings and information is available, we will continue to keep you informed.

The Expert ME/CFS Clinician's Summit in Salt Lake City, Utah was a great success. I was thrilled to meet with the leading patient care providers in the U.S.. We will share the reports as they become available.

We are looking forward to the upcoming NIH ME/CFS meeting in Bethesda, Maryland on April 4 & 5 and seeing many of you in person or via Livestream. OMF is sponsoring the coffee breaks and lunches at the venue so that all participants can maximize this excellent networking opportunity. NIH registration is available here. We also look forward to seeing our friends at IiMEC14 in London at the end of May.

ME/CFS research momentum is growing. Thank you for sharing our vision to end ME/CFS.

With hope for all,
glA7cZmKjDbmh8TnrHaSrm1FZDRa0RhY0xQcMxAF8Os0eEHuYTRlu_G8kRra2BswFPsiY45lamM20X3iGGN7oRIAcLtMqNgBpyvpL0wjqAYweDqypfsGq9dLETXDcfEpSgnWKIg=s0-d-e1-ft

Linda Tannenbaum
Founder & CEO/President

OMF-funded Researchers Presented at Emerge Australia's International ME/CFS Symposium

qZEuYdkX9Zt8QZyQHa5Uvnv-p0kNR1pwVtO3fNEA4q-VLxgkEy75c_3yWJvwrcnSO4hk0IIs0yJugyfD-L7G6rhGMA1xWi0gwFDF5Gm_erSXQiITIl0xztewqSfkb85D09AvulSpXQGyyWw_cUjbGiv161J5nwsOp-zq=s0-d-e1-ft

(Left to Right) Christopher Armstrong, PhD, Jonas Bergquist, MD, PhD,
Ronald W. Davis, PhD, Robert Phair, PhD, and Wenzhong Xiao, PhD, all presented on
March 14 at the Symposium.

Linda Tannenbaum Participates at ME/CFS Expert Clinician Summit
Iu1R4RIl0JwST3n171RQN-hLlIEFtY3qPUieUr1eCjZdFqTjWBMxCvbHoFW0QrIk8OPM2SH0lfSiooyDj17dj05CiEpPb8qkB8ahb1rBWToRFBLBKZIkEfm_VltUj5_TIZzP8oJZQcsJ27mAkl7mgw=s0-d-e1-ft

(Left) Dr. Lucinda (Cindy) Bateman, (Center) Mary Dimmock, (Right) Linda Tannenbaum,
Daniel Peterson, MD, and David Kaufman, MD.

Science Team Meets at Stanford

3K2a5znCAv2WXnw2zR8MM83YZUPBkdZ4fV-STl7UuzDZWEWCGQl184IPnkbmB1HJ9sVJiY6vAYhr8PurGohEj0Ervb1aOqI8tA8uq5J4sf3XqCb39UjwG6ypbpGvhwjgqap-tz2sBzs5Bahe401iCgSzKexztQJiJDt0UbGKTHOB4PKKFwOx0HT4owsh-O0rIjZvnDS2g5pdoyyzU2bb6f6HkQHI5fmjMoNXibc129D-BaBdFglGr_Ze-H2dL30DYjvcBKhFMtz9vRI=s0-d-e1-ft

Members of our Scientific Advisory Board recently met at Stanford University to discuss OMF-funded research. Participants included (left to right) Christopher Armstrong, PhD, Ronald G. Tompkins, MD, ScD, Janet Dafoe, PhD, Ronald W. Davis, PhD,
Linda Tannenbaum, OMF Founder & CEO/President, Wenzhong Xiao, PhD, and
H. Craig Heller, PhD. Not shown: Maureen Hanson, PhD, who participated remotely.

OMF Supports #IIMEC14

OMF will be an event
0KQm_BdIAQ1ufV1XtuB29oSH4cWxjY234YnoyZvWDZchWeAM-5KD2YEPuahZdpOIeO9CXDCHKY78uGkPH0HT8_-OC47XXWw5T5J2BMofRs75YcQ=s0-d-e1-ft
sponsor at the Invest in ME Conferences (IiMEC) further cementing our supportive relationship. In addition, Invest in ME Research has announced that Dr. Ron Davis and Dr. Ron Tompkins will be presenting at both the 2019 Colloquium and Conference to share updates on OMF-funded research.

The 14th Annual Biomedical Research into ME Colloquium (BRMEC) will be held May 28-30 in London followed by the International Invest in ME Conference on May 31. Linda Tannenbaum and other members of our Scientific Advisory Board will also be attending. Registration information is available here. If you will be attending, be certain to stop by the OMF table.

Welcoming New Foundation Board Members

fw66GBBkQKz5n4tFH29nmKib0Gmn9yFfSFDN87C9jsBbG9ef_ZnFTfd0E-FKXLta2JS43IUH9_Y7AAM4_-nv9NSjG3xi2nCx8ge20s2SXkpMmmAgs8RToIIeH3BlvW5CH3dNAm0oXA=s0-d-e1-ft

We’d like to welcome two new members to our OMF board: Katie Bach, Managing Director of the Good Jobs Institute, a nonprofit (left), and Carol E. Jensen, Chief People Officer and Senior VP of Flatiron Health, a technology company (right). Together, they bring high-level strategic management and fundraising experience that can help our team at OMF achieve its mission of delivering hope and leading research to end ME/CFS and other complex chronic diseases.

We asked both new board members how their experiences might help contribute to OMF’s goals. Katie, who formerly directed global strategy at Starbucks, said, “Drawing on my background in strategy and strategic planning, I hope to help OMF build the foundations it needs to dramatically increase its fundraising.”

Carol, on the other hand, brings experience in marketing and human resources which she commented can help the organization strategically grow to have greater impact. Prior to being responsible for human resources at Flatiron, Carol was Chief People Officer for Wawa, a fresh food and convenience retailer with annual sales over $10 billion and more than 29,000 associates.

We thank both new members for joining the board and look forward to scaling our fundraising and footprint with their expertise and support.

To read Katie's and Carol's full bio and meet our other board members, visit our website.

www.omf.ngo

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH @marilynbsg

B