• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fluorquinolones in Germany: use restricted due to possible severe side effects

Lisa108

Finally this is happening in Germany!

Although the guidelines already restricted the use of fluorquinolones in minor infections (like sinusitis, cystitis), most docs seemed not aware of this, nor of possible severe, chronic side effects.

Today the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices published their risk assessment and a "red-hand-letter" (urgent safety information).

The red-hand-letter also requests to report adverse reactions.

Last edited:

Thinktank

That's great news!
I'm pretty certain that my disease was triggered by ciprofloxacin. I've never been the same after taking that poison 7 years go. Docs have never taken me serious about it but times are changing. More and more research shows how dangerous fluoroquinolones really are. This class of antibiotics should only be reserved for life threatening infections not susceptible to other antibiotics.