• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fish oil for hair... duh!

Juanita Vee

Just wanted to mention I started omega 3-6-9 a few months back. I have been wanting to grow my hair longer for a few years and was really struggling. I thought it was just me not taking good care of it, because it would not get past a certain length.

My sister made me start omega oils a few months back because she did some research and heard it could help ME/CFS. I haven't noticed any other changes, except I'm very happy my hair has improved, in strength and length.

Just wanted to mention, in case you're like me, and don't think of an obvious, easy trial to see if it'll fix something. One small fix is one more step to full health, hopefully! So thankful for my sis!