• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First nutritional IV - NAD or Ozone with glutathione?

Mary

Moderator Resource
I'm finally going to get a nutritional IV in about 2 weeks and am considering either NAD or ozone with glutathione (both recommended by my doctor). I'm torn - any suggestions?

btw, I've been experimenting with a food grade hydrogen peroxide product (as well as Cellfood), both increased my energy some, BUT, neither helped with PEM or extended my activity window. So I felt better overall but still was just as limited as ever.

So I think my major question is if either of these two IVs might help extend my activity window. I think NAD might help energy, well both of these might - but want to know which would have the greater possibility of perhaps helping to ward off PEM -

Also, my doctor says they will be covered by Medicare (!) I will have to pay the 20% copay - I have straight Medicare, no supplemental plan or HMO. I doubt if a Medicare Advantage plan would pay for these.

@Mary Hello again Mary, I'm the person who you asked a question about breathing techniques and I've only just replied. I came across your question above while doing a search on Ozone. Sorry I can't help with your question here about the comparable benefits of NAD vs Ozone. I'm in the UK and if we could travel at the moment I would go and spend some months in Charleston to go to a clinic there called Deeper Healing. I have spoken directly to several people who went there who had great success with UBI+IV Ozone as a combined therapy. I know they have people travel in from around the US including your state. I think it's worth looking up and registering as a patient as you can get a lot of information inside the patient portal without any financial commitment.

Two very basic things have significantly helped me:
1. Food. Anthony William protocol got me out of bed. I was desperate (and skeptical) but did the 28 day EBV cleanse and the results were so good that I have carried on this way of eating, and am slowly slowly making gains.
2. Breathwork - I mentioned in that last reply to you. It has helped with sleeping (my worst symptom) and increasing energy.

I have just started on HBOT (and will look at other Oxygen therapies when I'm better still).

Like you I'm investigating IV Ozone and IV Therapy as interventions. I really wish you luck. It sounds like you are further ahead of me in terms of activity window but if you would like to have a direct spoken conversation about any of this, please drop me a line. In particular the breath work (increasing CO2 to make oxygen work harder for you) might really help you extend your activity window. Jo, the lady I mentioned in my last message has seen a remarkable increase (like all of these things it requires regularity, commitment and patience over time) in her energy and she is pretty functional but having previously needed to rest in the afternoon. (I'm at a point where other people are still taking care of me). VERY GOOD LUCK with what you decide to do about this and hopefully you have now found some more solid information about these two. Kate

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @KateM - I saw your other post, thanks so much! I looked briefly at the 28-day cleanse and don't think I could do it. I seem to need protein with each meal. But my liver is in good shape. 16 years ago I had to do a major liver detox (a lot of the problem was heavy exposure to chemical solvents I'd had at job when I was young) and it helped my digestion a lot. And then about 6 years ago glycine and a couple of other things got my detox pathways working properly and I hardly ever have detox symptoms any more. It all made a huge difference for my digestions. I've never needed anyone to take care of me, though it certainly would help a lot if I had someone to do cleaning, cooking, shopping etc.! Also betaine HCL with pepsin has made a huge difference in my digestion. I'm low in stomach acid like many with ME/CFS.

I am very interested in the breath work because I've seen results in the middle of the night (my worst time sleep). And I skimmed the interesting parts of James Nestor's and Patrick McKeown's books (the parts that didn't tax my brain too much!) and it got me very interested in CO2. So I mentioned in my other reply to you that I would like to get Jo Hainsworth's contact info in a PM.

Thank you again!