• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

    Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

    To register, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Finding the right type of doctor, genetic specialist?

I am trying to find a doctor in my area that understands Methylation an how it relates to COMT. I am COMT ++ with high cortisol levels an found this out by going to a hormonal specialist and having some tests done, but she put me on supplements that made my condition worse, and doesn't really understand COMT. My general doc is great but hes primarily a cardiologist. Is there a certain type of doctor that specializes in this? Genetic specialist? Dietitian? I would really love to see a doctor that is very knowledgeable regarding genes and recommend the best supplement approach. I have found a core part of and source of my fatigue but can't find a professional to help me.


Psalm 46:1-3
Great Lakes
Dr Ben Lynch works with the genetic pathways and has a doctor lookup on his site. This is the link for that here.

You could also try searching "genetic doctors" on your search engine.