• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fibromyalgia and migraine pain -help

wonderoushope

As you said has sensitivities to food, have you done an elimination diet?

I have been doing the RPAH diet and found I am intolerant to wheat, which gives me headaches and joint pain, as well as stomach cramping.

I am very sensitive to food, so it took ages to figure out wheat was a big issue. I have other issues with other foods, but wheat is the one that was big on joints and headaches. I get a delayed reaction of about 6-8 hours.

Nickster

As you said has sensitivities to food, have you done an elimination diet?

I have been doing the RPAH diet and found I am intolerant to wheat, which gives me headaches and joint pain, as well as stomach cramping.

I am very sensitive to food, so it took ages to figure out wheat was a big issue. I have other issues with other foods, but wheat is the one that was big on joints and headaches. I get a delayed reaction of about 6-8 hours.

He is down to only a few foods that he can eat which is salmon, blueberries, cauliflower, prunes, olive oil, pink salt and water.

wonderoushope

He is down to only a few foods that he can eat which is salmon, blueberries, cauliflower, prunes, olive oil, pink salt and water.

All I can suggest, if you haven't already is to work with a trained dietitian who deals with food intolerances.

I had eliminated so many foods thinking x was the culprit and kept them out of my diet, thus significantly reducing my food list. It wasn't till I found a really good dietitian and went on the strict RPAH diet and challenged certain food groups that I saw clearly what foods were the issue. A lot of the foods I thought were the issue were not and so was eliminating foods unnecessarily, which probably also made me health go down the tube, due to missing vital nutrients. You can also have delayed food reactions, sometimes it can take even 2-7 days for one to react, but you are thinking it's the food you had on that day or in that moment is the issue. You may already all this anyways, but just thought I would give you my experience.

Stretched

You might try acupuncture. I started having burning, painful feet with needle sensations, and that all went away with 1 treatment. Acupuncture has been hit or miss for me, as far as what it's been effective for, but it might be worth looking into. I think it can help headaches, too.
I'm wondering if your painful feet were neuropathic, like mine. They burn, needle-like pain and some numbness' - pain rises and falls with effort (or stress).

I recently came across a credible journal article claiming Pantothenic Acid was pain relieving systemically AND particularly for 'burning' feet, especially when combined with B1, B2, and Manesiusm (L-theonate). So, I began this regimen a week ago and some relief is kicking in (or maybe placebo effect)? I also have mild FibroMyagia which it seems to be helping as well??? Did you give anything like this or related a try?

It may be helpful to original poster as well as low dose Naltrexone (LDN; see other threads for thorough discussion of ups and downs of LDN).

Last edited:

perchance dreamer

I'm wondering if your painful feet were neuropathic, like mine. They burn, needle-like pain and some numbness' - pain rises and falls with effort (or stress).

I recently came across a credible journal article claiming Pantothenic Acid was pain relieving systemically AND particularly for 'burning' feet, especially when combined with B1, B2, and Manesiusm (L-theonate). So, I began this regimen a week ago and some relief is kicking in (or maybe placebo effect)? I also have mild FibroMyagia which it seems to be helping as well??? Did you give anything like this or related a try?

It may be helpful to original poster as well as low dose Naltrexone (LDN; see other threads for thorough discussion of ups and downs of LDN).

Hi, @Stretched. Yes, I was worrying my feet had become neuropathic. That's about the last thing I need. However, the one acupuncture treatment got rid of all my foot symptoms (knock wood).

I had tried Pathothenic Acid, not for neuropathy, but for energy. However, even a tiny dose first thing in the morning gives me insomnia.

I take Magnesium Threonate for the cognitive benefits, but didn't know it could help neuropathy. MG Threonate is an interesting supplement. I take 2/3 of a dose because a full dose gives me insomnia, a common theme for me. But even the 2/3 dose does help my mental functioning.

I have fibro and chronic pain. I've thought about LDN, but have had such sleep difficulties in the past that I'm reluctant to try it.

Stretched

It's interesting how these supplements overlap for different conditions. OTOH, the microbiology of similar cells are made up of similar substances but
act differently in different systems of the body. So, I suppose it's not incongruous to learn the same supplement has multiple applications. I know Magnesium
is especially useful in multiple formats.

panckage

My son has been having horrible nerve pain and migraines. This is turning him to the dark side. He is sensitive to drugs and food. Are there any treatments that have helped others?
By sensitive to food you mean food intolerance/IBS I guess? I have found that when I avoid my food intolerances (and thus no IBS) most of my fibromyalgia pain disappears. OTOH when I eat something I'm intolerant to IBS and fibro pain comes back with a vengeance

Kratom also works well for fibro pain for me. It's similar to tramadol but less negatives. It doesn't really help my migraine pain though

Last edited:

pattismith

My son has been having horrible nerve pain and migraines. This is turning him to the dark side. He is sensitive to drugs and food. Are there any treatments that have helped others?

My symptoms are nerve pains, muscles pains, tendon pains, fatigue, headaches, etc...
I too have food intolerances, if I eat any diary, my headache is stronger the other day!

Migraine can be a sign of vitamin B1 deficiency

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27197607

By the way some fibro patients showed improvment with high dose vitamin B1

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23696141

some other B vitamins can be helpful

https://books.google.fr/books?id=DQ0t5k8QPqIC&pg=PA103&lpg=PA103&dq=thiamine migraine&source=bl&ots=GhMhT2kUDl&sig=hv-A9jC6tQSkyjb4g0O2H2yerPI&hl=fr&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjooN2eq_nVAhUHEVAKHaIwCNoQ6AEIPzAD#v=onepage&q=thiamine migraine&f=false

adelheid55

Hi, LDN works with me. My pain isn't completely gone but a lot more tolerable. I don't have any side effects.
Don't know about children taking it.

Hello,

I had some headaches as a child. Have you done an MRI of both brain and MRI of upper part of the spine? This is important to exclude any problem. Some things do not show on MRI of brains so its crucial to do the second one too.

Acupuncture has been my life saver but it depends on the therapist. I have one who did miracles and I have tried other three that were useless. It is important to go to sb who is experienced and has cured others from headaches. To me acu worked from the first session. If it does not then there might be an issue.

My therapist had combined acupuncture and reflexology, that was very good and healthy way to recover.

I lately also discovered that pain in the nerves and headaches can be AMAZINGLY relieved by thermal waters. Do you have any where u live? In Greece we have thermal waters that they heal especially pain in the nerves. I have tried and I could not believe it how well it worked.

Last edited:

Shoshana

Northern USA
@Nickster

Has there been any improvements for your son? Either on this topic, of his nerve pain and migraine, or from the ldn ?

I hope so, .... and, If so, what do you think helped?

I wonder also if he could try Butterburr, which brand name is Petadolex.
Or Feverfew herb, if not allergic, either of those have been used for all ages.