• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Few questions on increasing calorie intake with gastroparesis and SIBO

@Bergkamp you can try Almond protein, easy available in the Netherlands. The one I use is calorie dense and contains all essential and some non-essential amino acids. Can't mention the brand since I'm new here on the forum, but you can DM me if interested in product I use. Also, you can try to add coconut oil in your smoothies, I add 20-30 gram in my morning smoothies, which adds 170-250 calories. I buy my Coconut oil at Appie ;-) Coconut oil, as you might know, contains medium chain fatty acids and gut friendly.

Bergkamp

@FromHolland thanks! I've actually been on egg white protein for a while now and I'm liking it. Been mixing it with coconut milk and a banana which is quite tasty. Cool, thanks for the coconut oil tip! We use it for cooking here, but it's a solid type. I'll check out the AH one!