• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling of rain on skin?

hi all,

So I am just wondering if anyone ever experiences this symptom: feeling of rain on skin?

I have been having a lot of paresthesias recently in hands and feet, and fizzing in some muscles.

I started Fredds B12 protocol proper recently (last week).. plus I am taking Alpha Lipoic Acid, and Benfotiamine to try to rid myself of these horrible things.

The feeling of rain started before this and it can happen everywhere It feels kind of separate to the other sensations..

Just curious if anyone has any ideas on what this particular symptom means?

Thanks

Matt

LiveAgain

I think I know what you're talking about. It feels like a small area of skin is wet, like water spilled on it and then for me the feeling turns to a burning sensation. I have neuropathy too and I believe this is a symptom of that.

rosie26

Hi Matt, I got this in the first 2 years of ME, felt like someone splashed hot water at the back of my ankle, always seemed to happen at back of my ankle. Weird, don't seem to get it now.

meandthecat

OMG I thought I was imagining it. It feels like when you are in a cloud and small spots of water land on the skin. I feel it on my forearms mostly as a cold prickle. welcome to the wonderful world of ME

Sea

Mine is not like rain, it's like someone spilled a cup of coffee down my leg. The first time it happened I really thought I had knocked my coffee off the table.

Tammy

I used to get this a lot the first several years............felt like a cold trickle of water..........usually felt it down the lower
part of leg.............and sometimes forearm.............only happens now once in a blue moon.

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
I am familiar with that kind too, white drops on all my skin.

Also a relationship with pem I can tell about.

It still can arrive to small extent (I am improving, still).
It was pronounced enough when I was detorating or very pronounced up to thick chewing gum when I was bad.

It arrives/d first on limbs, I essentially never had muscle pain.

valentinelynx

This sensation, if on the legs, can be a symptom of adhesive arachnoiditis, a syndrome in which the lumbar/sciatic nerve roots become inflamed and stick together. It causes severe chronic back and leg pain. A side effect (infrequent but devastating) of epidural or spinal injections, and also associated with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

ellie84

I started having this recently, for me it felt like a single drop of fresh water, it happened in 2 specific areas. I know it's a type of paresthesia, but I don't know what causes it. I have numbing and tingling in the limbs too. I don't have severe pain in the back or limbs though, more like myofascial pain. I was wondering if I should do a neurological evaluation (that would be the next medical specialty in the collection :zippit:).

lenora

I've had this occur on at least 3 different occasions. In my case, it was fairly easy to figure out, thank goodness. Too many B-vitamins, the fact that I hadn't been on them for long made it all much easier to detect.

Each time after the first time, it's been because of an overload of B-vitamins. If this helps someone, I'm glad. If it doesn't, keep on looking and trying to put things together. I wish you well. Yours, Lenora.

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
I've had this occur on at least 3 different occasions. In my case, it was fairly easy to figure out, thank goodness. Too many B-vitamins, the fact that I hadn't been on them for long made it all much easier to detect.
I take them one apart of each other, and in very small doses (drinking a sip of a water). Quite interesting, for me no B6. I stopped it for now, but will probably reinvent it.

pattismith

I started having this recently, for me it felt like a single drop of fresh water, it happened in 2 specific areas. I know it's a type of paresthesia, but I don't know what causes it. I have numbing and tingling in the limbs too. I don't have severe pain in the back or limbs though, more like myofascial pain. I was wondering if I should do a neurological evaluation (that would be the next medical specialty in the collection :zippit:).
tingling/numbness are frequent with Small Fiber Neuropathy.
I have SFN and used to have hot water feelings in the legs some years ago.
Sensory nerves are affected as well as autonomic nerves. Did you tested how your fingers wrinkle in hot water?

ellie84

Each time after the first time, it's been because of an overload of B-vitamins. If this helps someone, I'm glad. If it doesn't, keep on looking and trying to put things together. I wish you well. Yours, Lenora.
Interesting. Thanks for mentioning this, as I'm taking vitamin B12 although not a high dose, but I don't know what my level was before starting it.
I've been having occasional numbing and tingling my whole life and they've become much more frequent a while ago, but the feeling of water drop happened only after starting vitamin B12. However, I haven't had it in the last weeks and I'm still taking vit B12, so who knows. Maybe doctors, if they cared to check your levels, before prescribing something. I also have some vitamin B12 injections pending, so maybe I would like to know, seeing as that would be a higher dose. My GP said it doesn't matter, because the body gets rid of excess vitamin B12. Is this not true?

@pattismith I read about SFN and my fingers get very wrinkly in hot water :D I know because I like to take looong hot baths. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with the nerves though. I have been diagnosed with pudendal neuropathy and I suspect dysautonomia, but I don't think I have SNF? I don't recognize myself in the main symptoms. Don't know if it has atypical manifestations too.

pattismith

@ellie84
I don't know your symptoms, so can't say if you fit generally with the SFN diagnosis.
But I am personally convinced that there is a link between our autonomic failure and damages to our small fibers.
If you have the opportunity to have a skin biopsy for SFN testing, all I can say is to take it!

ellie84

I don't fit with the diagnosis from what I read, that's what I was saying :) I could fit if it was one of those things that can manifest with atypical symptoms, but if it only has typical symptoms then I don't fit in. No opportunity for now, I am faaaar behind in my health "journey", so to speak. We'll see.

Dear @Stillgoing, I often have the sensation you describe though usually not on legs (my problem is the urinary area). You are not alone ...
I am not a doctor ... so I will only tell my own experience. My neuro-urologists said it is a neuropathy of the pudendal or sciatic nerve ... In my case it is the pudendal nerve, but It can be either one of them.
The alpha lipoic acid you are taking should reduce these symptomps (I am taking a similar drug, Alanerv, now, to reduce neuropathic pain and burning).