• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feel blood pulsing through extremities

A lot of times I can feel blood pulsing in my legs arms and neck. This is mainly when lying down. If I turn my head to left or right while lying down I can hear it clearly in my neck pulsing at same rate as my heart.
Anyone else experience similar feelings?

Not sure if its unusual but I noticed this right after my viral infection, which caused pots cfs/me.
My thought is maybe a side effect of low blood volume or pots? But not sure why

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
I had it the last three springs, especially in the two big vessels in the neck.
Before 2015 I had pounding headaches, possible all the year.
Recently I had pounding toothaches (adressable), well that´s considered to be normal, but interesting.

I am improving since 2015, so the pulsing has changed it´s place of occurence.

Idk if this is the same thing but a lot of times when I am laying down it feels like my whole body is heavily pulsing; arms, legs, everything really. Its crazy how strong it can feel.

taniaaust1

Ive only ever felt that once and it was for a very short time in my neck where the main artery is. I think something was very wrong that day and it was like my artery in the neck was collapsing and sucking in and out (as if my circulation was back flowing, I suspect from the 2 heart valves which are leaking, that I have one of those holes in my heart which often up at times in some ME/CFS patients (something I think Dr Cheney? spoke about) so maybe my circulation was pulsing backwards for a minute)

Idk if this is the same thing but a lot of times when I am laying down it feels like my whole body is heavily pulsing; arms, legs, everything really. Its crazy how strong it can feel.
I can relate most to how you describe it. My guess is, it is a side effect of POTS or PEM.

I have this as well. I have recently been diagnosed with Chronic Venous Insufficiency. I do not have varicose veins at all, however some of my veins are unable to allow blood to flow back up my legs., and some may be leaking. I believe it is related to Pots because my vascular surgeon asked me if I have it.