• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feedback needed, still can't get my head round

baccarat

I've been looking at this section of the forum for some time to try and understand a bit more about the helpfulness of these genomic panels.
I still can't understand to what extent they may help. In essence, my question marks are

1. once you know that you've got this and that mutation, what can you do about it?
I'm already on the simple methylation protocol and I'm not sure what else I could do, if say some mutation with regard to methylation came up.

2. Do these panels also include specific mutations at the immune system level?

3. And the ever more important question, is anybody doing definitely better as a result of analysing their genetic information?

Thanks in advance.

adreno

PR activist
If you can afford it, compiling information from as many sources as possible, is helpful in my opinion. However, I agree with nanonug that metabolic panels are more useful at present.