• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fatigue seems to be reducing

I thought that I would quickly update you on how I am after my recent stroke. Luckily, I am feeling fairly good, and inexplicably fatigue seems to be reducing. It is puzzling how this could be happening,

I am not taking anything apart from the stroke medication prescribed by the hospital doctor.

ljimbo423

I thought that I would quickly update you on how I am after my recent stroke. Luckily, I am feeling fairly good, and inexplicably fatigue seems to be reducing. It is puzzling how this could be happening,

I am not taking anything apart from the stroke medication prescribed by the hospital doctor.

I'm really happy for you! :):thumbsup:

I wonder if your stroke medication is somehow effecting the low grade neuro-inflammation ME/CFS researcher Jarred Younger and other researchers have found.

Jarred thinks this inflammation is the main cause of symptoms, including fatigue.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I'm really happy for you! :):thumbsup:

I wonder if your stroke medication is somehow effecting the low grade neuro-inflammation ME/CFS researcher Jarred Younger and other researchers have found.

Jarred thinks this inflammation is the main cause of symptoms, including fatigue.

I'm inclined to agree that immunosuppression like we saw from rituximab is decreasing the overall energy drain and you are perceiving that as lessened fatigue. Not sure it's a good thing long term though.