• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Extreme heat intolerance - I crashed hard - can pregabalin be responsible for this?

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
I should add that I priory tedted
that milk and cheese raise your blood pressure and clog your artheries i believe to be a myth.
french and mediteraneans eat this foods for centuries and are among the healthiest. especially french in comparison to neighbours are much better in the diseases you describe - despite eating tons of cheese. on the contrary, milk and cheese products are rich in fat soluable vitamins , especially vitamin k2... which helps the arteries to stay free of calcification.

i meant did it help for your heat intolerance.
No. Sorry. I Have had heat stroke 3x. I don't know what happens on the molecular level cuz I replace lost D every day. However, my bf still thinks I'm a wuss about heat (and cold). I have a lifelong fear of sweating... and now I tell him how it's bad to sweat with high blood pressure cuz you lose all those elecyrolytes and how do you know how much to replace...salt could kill me!). He still thinks I'm a wuss. He will sit in his car w/o starting it and thus no a/c or open windows and fiddle on his cell phone for 10 minutes frying me before he starts up. And...you can't teach an old dog new tricks...we've argued about this for years

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
About milk... I read a study that showed milk contains a cow enzyme that does not break down in the digestive tract which dissolves a patch on your blood vessel walls into which cholesterol sticks. The study said homogenisation causes the enzyme to be coated with fat, which is why it survives digestion. Plenty of studies have shown milk consumption does this.

Perhaps skim milk is OK.
I took French. A native speaker said the trick is to eat just 'a little bit". I know they eat cheese,, but they use it sparingly
ALSO, you don't know how much and what kinds of fiber they eat and WHEN (timing with high cholesterol meals is important) might limit their digestion of this.

I do get one mk product a day.

linusbert

I have this problem too when air temps hit about 26c or above, I think 'heat stress' is a normal concept in biology for healthy people, so it seems possible that perhaps we have a lower threshold than even people who don't do well when they travel to hotter climates.

If we have issues with normal state and adaptation of blood flow as per Systroms research, I think that could impact our ability to manage heat, plus if our metabolism is operating in a different mode, or we have some kind of low grade inflammation, it our bodies could be warmer and have trouble toning it down when needed.
yes.

i noticed for me, its better overall to try to adapt to hotter weather, right now i germany we have temperatures around 28-30 degree celcius (around 85F). i have a cooling machine but i do not use it unless absolutely necessary.

i noticed that my body adapts best when the heat over night when sleeping is high. so adaption seams to happen especially over night exposure. opposite as well, when its cold.
this last winter i was having 20-22c (~70F). usually the years before i keep it around 24-25c (76F) and would crash when it gets lower.

About milk... I read a study that showed milk contains a cow enzyme that does not break down in the digestive tract which dissolves a patch on your blood vessel walls into which cholesterol sticks. The study said homogenisation causes the enzyme to be coated with fat, which is why it survives digestion. Plenty of studies have shown milk consumption does this.

Perhaps skim milk is OK.
I took French. A native speaker said the trick is to eat just 'a little bit". I know they eat cheese,, but they use it sparingly
ALSO, you don't know how much and what kinds of fiber they eat and WHEN (timing with high cholesterol meals is important) might limit their digestion of this.

I do get one mk product a day.
that would be the discussion raw vs industrialized food.
it doesnt matter anymore which food, red meat, milk, salads... etc. the question isnt which of those is healthier, the question only is , is it processed or not. how fresh is it, how modified, and how much poison was used.

i also read that heated milk can cause allergies, where as raw milk can prevent them.

Last edited:

lenora

I have both heat and cold intolerance. This summer has been mild, thus far, so I don't have to run for the house at noon. I spend all day on the porch, or as much as my body will allow.

The cold finds me typing in gloves, wearing scarves, cardigans and blankets over my lap. This is indoors, by the way. So, I think we bear intolerances in both ways. My husband loves the heat and doesn't seem bothered by the cold. Lucky man.

@linusbert. Yes, I've read where the French drink their wine, eat cheese and many other things that we don't. It's the portions we have that are the problem. Plus, most of them do a tremendous amount of walking...for the most part, we don't.

I have very high BP now (it used to be extremely low when I was younger), and very high cholesterol. I also have had a heart attack and am the owner of 7 stents. This is purely genetic as I'm careful about what I eat. I do know that too much cheese makes it higher...so something's different from individual to individual.

My father died of a heart attack at age 40....everyone in our large family had high cholesterol and high BP. I do the best I can and now take prescription meds. I can't afford to let things get worse. Yours, Lenora