• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

exercise cures arthritis?

wabi-sabi

BrightCandle

I am pretty certain moving a joint with any form of arthritis is just going to get painfully inflamed with a lot of movement especially high speed and stressful movements. This doesn't even pass the basic sniff test. Imagine telling a gouty arthritis person to just run on their gout toe, they can't even put their bleeding foot on the ground or wiggle their toes but sure exercise is the solution....

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I am pretty certain moving a joint with any form of arthritis is just going to get painfully inflamed with a lot of movement especially high speed and stressful movements. This doesn't even pass the basic sniff test. Imagine telling a gouty arthritis person to just run on their gout toe, they can't even put their bleeding foot on the ground or wiggle their toes but sure exercise is the solution....

Agree but they say strengthening the muscles around the joint etc can help. I type this as I kinked my arthritic knee last week and ice it daily and doing gentle stuff to get it moving again. I think we are buggered if we do move and buggered if we don't move.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
and when one joint isn't moving, the next joints suffer and it has an unraveling effect.

But most pain is a signal: damage will occur if you ignore the pain.

That is spot on. I took a celebrex for my knee today, then thought that should help my back oh the calf muscle I pulled on opposite leg to knee it would help it. I think Egyptian mummy's aren't royalty but arthritis pts, just wrapped everything 🤣

Rufous McKinney

I took a celebrex for my knee today, then thought that should help my back oh the calf muscle I pulled on opposite leg to knee it would help it. I think Egyptian mummy's aren't royalty but arthritis pts, just wrapped everything 🤣

My husband was given an RX for his knee: his knee is shot/ bone on bone...he refused knee replacement, or they refused him.

In theory, if he takes this he should have a bit less inflamed joints: walk a tad further. In theory, that helps other body parts.

but the info sheet? Sudden Death With No Warning....

I mean, maybe none of these side effects happen? but if they should happen? He has no plans to take this stuff.....

lenora

Hello All.....I think what we're seeing is the FDA clamping down on the use of all meds for pain relief. This began about two years ago, recent laws have seen even more changes here in TX, and it's just generally harder for both doctors and patients.

I guess now's our big chance to try any and all natural meds. Let me know if any combination works. Yours, L.

YippeeKi YOW !!

NICE is recommending that elders with arthritis don't need pain medicine, they just need exercise.
Wow. I'm sooooo .... not surprized.
Clearly hard work and determination are the cures for any illness.
Yeah, patients are just lazy bastards, unwilling to contribute to their own 'wellness' ... ask any cancer patient ...
Seriously, can all the chronically ill people band together to stop this nonsense?!
Only if we hire hit men ....