• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Excerpts of Hemispherx Nov 18th presentation: XMRV, Ampligen, TLR's

parvofighter

FYI weve just completed on XMRV Global Action a Close, very partial transcript of key ME/CFS segments of yesterdays Hemispherx presentation on Ampligen & XMRV. You can see it here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5230892&id=815020522&ref=nf#!/pages/XMRV-Global-Action/216740433250

There are some really interesting segments on:

• AMPLIGEN AND THE HEART - THE QT INTERVAL (I didnt know that it was the FDA that asked about the impact on the heart)

• AMPLIGEN HAS US ORPHAN DRUG STATUS = 7 YRS MARKET EXCLUSIVITY good investment info, eh? Didnt know that once you get Orphan Drug Status, they cant revoke it, even if the prevalence of a disease subsequently expands to exceed qualifications for ODS.

• EXPANDING COMPASSIONATE USE OF AMPLIGEN TO OTHER COUNTRIES (He doesnt say which ones but this got my attention)

• PROSPECTS FOR EXTENDING THE NEW DRUG APPLICATION for Ampligen interesting stuff

And the icing on the cake:

• ANTICIPATED MEETING BETWEEN FDA AND HEB IN SPRING 2011? (Will they get extension of the New Drug Agreement? Will they need to do more Phase III testing? How many more hoops before Ampligen approval?

He also taked about:

• THE SERIOUSNESS OF ME/CFS THE MARKET POTENTIAL FOR HEB
  • XMRV: ASSOCIATION WITH ME/CFS AND POTENTIAL RISKS TO U.S. BLOOD SUPPLY
  • XMRV ANTIBODIES, AND RESPONSIVENESS TO AMPLIGEN
  • AMPLIGENS MECHANISM OF ACTION TOLL-LIKE RECEPTORS