• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EVERYONE SHARE YOUR SYMPTOMS

linusbert

I agree, even the "best" eye drops don't seem to last more than a minute before the dryness returns in force. My eye dryness issues have gotten a lot worse over the last year. Couldn't tell you why.

i was thinking about getting a air tight closed off transparent glasses to prevent any draft around the eyes. also moisture might be trapped and help healing.
so far the theory... will never try probably because everything is made with silicone and cheap plastic, and my asthma doesnt like that.
i have a UV protection glasses for my UV lightning, i could use that, but it adds a lot of pressure to the eyes and i am not sure that pressure is good in the long run.

I to up front, at this point I would rather have very low vision the rest of my life, but have all my energy back and not ever deal with ME/CFS and PoTS again, than to live with this crap and have good vision. People with solid energy and poor vision can live really great lives. But living with severe ME/CFS just sucks... and then to have failing vision on top of it is just ugly and cruel.
Well, that is just my opinion...:mad:

i understand this fully. i also could imagine some devil trades.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Chronic dry eyes is also vey annoying

i was thinking about getting a air tight closed off transparent glasses to prevent any draft around the eyes. also moisture might be trapped and help healing.

I have Dry Eyes, Blepharitis and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction.
I've had some really good success with drops that have hyaluronan or sodium hyluronate in them like THESE or THESE or THESE much more than the artificial tears drops. (I haven't tried the last ones but I think they are very similar to the Hyla-Forte.)

I always get the sense that the artificial tears, (though eyes feel better initially) are actually more drying in the long run. Plus, they're made with scary sounding things like Carboxymethyl cellulose or polyvinyl or polyethylene glycol.

Actually if you think of it, "cellulose" absorbs. This is what wikipedia says about the CMC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carboxymethyl_cellulose

I've even used THESE in my eyes. They feel really nice and I figure they're safe to use that way because people use them for their hard contacts. You just cannot keep the leftover amount for a long time as once they've been opened they're no longer sterile. I still will use them over the course of the next day or so by storing the vial upright in a cleaned prescription bottle but longer than that is probably not a good idea.

Also another thing that is adapted from what the doctor told me is to wet a clean wash cloth, wring it out and then microwave it on a plate for about 30 seconds to sterilize it.

Let it cool so it's still warm-ish but not so much that it will burn eyes or skin. Lay down for about 10-20 minutes with this resting over your eyes. Form it to your eye sockets so it's touching the lashes and lids but don't press on it. Done everyday, this procedure helps to soften the glands and unclog them so our own tears can flow more freely across the surface of the eye.

Drops afterward will extend the affect. To be honest, I get lazy about doing this but it really does help.

Anyway, sorry for long-winded sidetrack of the thread but dry eyes are miserable and can cause equally miserable headaches so I just had to throw this out there. :)

Last edited:

Nord Wolf

The Northman
@linusbert & @Judee - Thank Judee for the links. I will look into that. I've done the washcloth before, but not in a while. I forgot about it actually.
I do use this small humidifier for my eyes whenever I need it. I plug it in next to my bed or the couch and hold it so the mist floods my eyes throughout the day. Works pretty well. I use distilled water in it.
Small Humidifier

Yes I think we have really sidetracked this thread in the last few days... :rolleyes:

linusbert

I have Dry Eyes, Blepharitis and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction.
I've had some really good success with drops that have hyaluronan or sodium hyluronate in them like THESE or THESE or THESE much more than the artificial tears drops. (I haven't tried the last ones but I think they are very similar to the Hyla-Forte.)

I always get the sense that the artificial tears, (though eyes feel better initially) are actually more drying in the long run. Plus, they're made with scary sounding things like Carboxymethyl cellulose or polyvinyl or polyethylene glycol.

Actually if you think of it, "cellulose" absorbs. This is what wikipedia says about the CMC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carboxymethyl_cellulose

I've even used THESE in my eyes. They feel really nice and I figure they're safe to use that way because people use them for their hard contacts. You just cannot keep the leftover amount for a long time as once they've been opened they're no longer sterile. I still will use them over the course of the next day or so by storing the vial upright in a cleaned prescription bottle but longer than that is probably not a good idea.

Also another thing that is adapted from what the doctor told me is to wet a clean wash cloth, wring it out and then microwave it on a plate for about 30 seconds to sterilize it.

Let it cool so it's still warm-ish but not so much that it will burn eyes or skin. Lay down for about 10-20 minutes with this resting over your eyes. Form it to your eye sockets so it's touching the lashes and lids but don't press on it. Done everyday, this procedure helps to soften the glands and unclog them so our own tears can flow more freely across the surface of the eye.

Drops afterward will extend the affect. To be honest, I get lazy about doing this but it really does help.

Anyway, sorry for long-winded sidetrack of the thread but dry eyes are miserable and can cause equally miserable headaches so I just had to throw this out there. :)

thanks.

i use HYLO Dual btw.

evotears is a creme like substance should add a lipid film over the eyes.
makes nice blurry vision, gives at least the feeling it does something.
i didnt notice a difference between the aqua drops and the evotears after a few days. put evo in one eye, and the hylo in the other. both eyes basically were equally not better.
actually i think the evotears made the eyes more dry in a weird way, the eye not gliding as smoth as usual.

i once made a list of eye healing products to compare, i'd like to share this for whom it interests. its german market so limited usability for most.
Lipidbased Tropfen

EvoTears® enthält als einzigen Inhaltsstoff Perfluorohexyloctane (EyeSol®).

## Tropfen

1 ml HYLO COMOD® enthält 1 mg Natriumhyaluronat, wasserfreie Zitronensäure, Natriumcitrat, Sorbitol und Wasser für Injektionszwecke

1 ml HYLO DUAL® enthält 0,5 mg Natriumhyaluronat, 20 mg Ectoin, Borsäure, Borax und Wasser für Injektionszwecke.

1 ml HYLO DUAL INTENSE® enthält 2 mg Natriumhyaluronat, 20 mg Ectoin, Borsäure, Borax und Wasser für Injektionszwecke

1 ml HYLO GEL® enthält 2 mg Natriumhyaluronat, wasserfreie Zitronensäure, Natriumcitrat, Sorbitol und Wasser für Injektionszwecke.

1 ml HYLO CARE® enthält 1 mg Natriumhyaluronat, Dexpanthenol, wasserfreie Zitronensäure, Natriumcitrat und Wasser für Injektionszwecke.

1 ml HYLO FRESH® enthält 0,3 mg Natriumhyaluronat, EuphrasiaUrtinktur, Borsäure, Borax und Wasser für Injektionszwecke

1 ml HYLO PARIN® enthält 1 mg Natriumhyaluronat, 1300 I.E. Heparin-Natrium (aus Schweinedarmmukosa), Glycerol, wasserfreie Zitronensäure, Natriumcitrat und Wasser für Injektionszwecke

## Salben

1 g PARIN POS® enthält 1.300 Internationale Einheiten Heparin-Natrium (gewonnen aus Schweinedarmmukosa), dickflüssiges Paraffin, Wollwachs und weiße Vaseline.

1 g HYLO NIGHT® enthält 250 I.E. Retinolpalmitat (Vitamin A), dickflüssiges Paraffin, dünnflüssiges Paraffin, Wollwachs und weiße Vaseline.

---

Panthenol-Augensalbe JENAPHARM

PZN 3524531

- Der Wirkstoff ist: Dexpanthenol. 1 g Augensalbe enthält 50,0 mg Dexpanthenol. - Die sonstigen Bestandteile sind: weißes Vaselin, dickflüssiges Paraffin