• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

European MEPs Adopt Resolution Calling for Additional Funding for Research on ME/CFS

lenora

Hello @sebaaa .......When you find out exactly what the EU Dollar amount of this is, would you kindly let us know?

We're also trying to increase research funding in the U.S. and if we can ever get a fixed $ amount will do the same for you.

Thanks for your time.....Yours, Lenora

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @sebaaa .......When you find out exactly what the EU Dollar amount of this is, would you kindly let us know?
There is no specific amount. It's a call for more funding, in other words it's asking the EU commission to increase funding. The current funding, I think, in the EU is 0€.

Here are a few follow-up questions to the EU Commission addressing these concerns:

Chris MacManus (GUE/NGL)
Myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) affects around 25 000 people on the island of Ireland and two million across Europe.

In June 2020 the European Parliament passed a resolution on myalgic encephalomyelitis.

Can the Commission give a breakdown of the actions it now intends to take since the resolution was passed by Parliament?

Kosma Złotowski (ECR)
1. Will the Commission answer Parliament’s call and allocate additional funding and prioritise calls for projects specifically focused on biomedical research into ME/CFS, with a view to the development and validation of a biomedical diagnostic test and of effective biomedical treatments that can cure the disease or alleviate its effects?

2. Does the Commission intend to allocate additional funding to research into the long-term effects of Covid-19 and the link between the virus and ME/CFS, including in the context of potential subsequent waves of infection, and to an analysis of the actual impact on the European economy of the number of myalgic encephalomyelitis cases in the EU?

lenora

Sebaaa....Hello, and thanks for the information. You've been very helpful although we haven't received any response apart from yours. We'll keep plugging along, though, as this is too important to let go. Where do you live?.....if you want to tell me. If not, that's fine.

Of course today is Sunday and people are doing other things....as per usual, Sunday mornings especially. We'll be most interested in the $ amount the European Union decides to spend. Help has been needed for a long, long time. Good positive vote, too. Thanks again. Have a good one! Yours, Lenora & Others