• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Essiac Tea

brenda

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essiac

I have recently started this remedy. It is not just for cancer, though using it as a preventative measure especially as we age makes sense to me when as many as 33% of PWC get it apparently.

It was the detoxification properties of the tea which sparked my interest and I was trying to find a source of burdock root and had become interested in Turkey Rhubarb, both ingredients of the tea.

So 6 days in and already a significant improvement regarding bowel function. It really has made an enormous difference. I am also peeing a lot and the swelling in my ankles has gone right down. The tea has anti-oxidents, anti-inflamatories, lowers cholesterol and helps the liver. Just what we need!

You have to chose your supplier well though as some are not as good as others and compromise.

This tea has had the most immediate beneficial effect of anything I have taken before.

Brenda

froufox

Hi Brenda

Thanks for sharing this and glad to hear the Essiac tea is helping you. I remember hearing about Essiac yrs ago and being very intrigued by the claims made for it but for some reason I never got round to trying it.

I found a research study on pubmed where it was shown to inhibit prostate cancer cells in vitro

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15353028

I also found an interview with a Dr Gary Glum who says that Essiac helped to keep some AIDS patients that he was treating alive..

http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer/Mirror-Essiac.html

However this article does cautions against certain groups of people from taking Essiac..

http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer/Essiac_Warnings.html

As you say its important to make sure the herbs are of good quality. Just curious where are you getting yours from?

brenda

fraufox

Thanx so much for those links - very interesting. It said that the tea heals the thyroid too. The warning link for those who should not take it is good too - I am not sure if my iron is too high - 13, to take it but will continue for now. It certainly feels like it is doing something.

I am buying mine from the UK.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I bought this and tried it a couple of years ago, but even at very low doses the detox effect was too much for me. Since then I have done a lot of work with detox, so this is a good reminder to try taking it again--thanks!

Sushi

Sunday

I had tried this before as a cleanse but not since CFS. Seems like a good idea (if I can fit it in with the rafts of stuff I'm already taking).

brenda

Sushi

I think that maybe it is a good idea to already be detoxing before one takes it. I have been on a sugar, alcohol, wheat, caffeine, dairy, processed foods free diet for a while, recently adding reverse osmosis water, and did have some detox effects from the tea. For two days I felt pretty rough especially mentally so I am glad I did not do it without that. I feel that any treatment especially herbal ones will be much more effective if one is on a pure diet. I am also taking artichoke juice for my liver and cayenne for my heart when I remember. I am hoping to build up my organs before having my amalgams out so that I can eventually treat my Lyme.

Victoria

Brenda,

I have a 4 page article on an interview with Dr Gary L Glum re Assiac: Nature's Cure for Cancer. It's too long & the font to small to type up or reproduce on my scanner.

It's well worth reading & very interesting.

Gives the history of Rene Caisse's remedy, some unpublished material (including Ted Kennedy's son who, after losing his leg to sarcoma, was eventually cured using Essiac), details of ingredients & various anecdotal evidence.

in (Canada) 1937, Essiac came within three votes of being legalised as a treatment for cancer. People gathered over 55,000 signatures on a petition to allow Rene to continue to use Essiac.

Also says: Essiac elevates the enzyme system and gives all cancer patients and all AIDS patients the enzymes that have been destroyed. Essiac elevates the enzyme sustem: it elevates the hormone system, which elevates the immune system, so the body can cure it own disease.

Talks about "curing" cancer, thyroid conditions, diabetes, AIDS, ulcers........etc.

If anyone would like a copy, please send me your address in a PM & I will post you a copy.

In fact, the font is small & hard to read, so I could take it to work & enlarge it to A3 size to make it easier if you're like me & can't read small print very well.

Victoria

Victoria

Thanks, Froufox,

I must have had an FM brain fog moment & didn't see your message.

And yes, it is the same interview Brenda, so I won't post it to you after all. It's worth reading don't you think?

V

belize44

I just ordered the Essiac powder to make my own tea at home. I have so much going wrong with my health that I am desperate to try this. I once read an article in Yankee magazine about a Native American kid who was diagnosed with cancer and when he followed the proper diet, as well as using this tea, the tumors came out through his skin. I always meant to try it but the cost was prohibitive. So I just used a credit card and purchased enough for six months.