• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Equilibrant/Oxymatrine use: what is seen as autoimmune?

Pearshaped

Idk if this is seen as autoimmune
(i guess?)but MAYBE you can find out if his case COULD be autoimmune with the following questions:
-was he tested positive for ANAs(autoantibodies)?
-since onset of ilness,does he catch a cold or flu more easily or less than before?
-How does he react to cortisone(immune suppressant)?
-How does he react to immune stimulants like Asparagus or Echinacea?

xcell

Always looking for new knowledge and options!
Thank you for your answer!
Idk if this is seen as autoimmune
(i guess?)but MAYBE you can find out if his case COULD be autoimmune with the following questions:
-was he tested positive for ANAs(autoantibodies)? NO
-since onset of ilness,does he catch a cold or flu more easily or less than before? NO
-How does he react to cortisone(immune suppressant)? very bad
-How does he react to immune stimulants like Asparagus or Echinacea? I don't know, immunologist says no immune stimulants only modulators are allowed.

Last edited:

Lieselotte

I would say to not to try the Equilibrant.

I have had antibodies against gluten (Celiac) and also thyroid antibodies. So two auto immune issues (that I know of).
Dr Chia thought maybe I should just try Equilibrant, thinking that enterovirus caused my celiac and maybe it wasn't autoimmune.

Anyways, I could only take 1/4 a tablet without having gastric distress. Also my thyroid antibodies went up. And I had more fevers as the medicine was ramping up my immune system. Oddly enough, besides the gut, i didn't feel worse. So he took me off Equilibrant and now I'm looking for something else that might help.