• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Enhancing Coffee enemas

gettinbetter

For those of you that do coffee enemas
Do you add anything to your solution to make them more effective?
I was reading one person adds glutathione but I have not seen any other posts about that

Thanks

A coffee enema is one of the most healthiest protocols that you can do for your body.
Recently a guy who had not eaten meat for 2 years had one ,and guess what flushed , you were right a piece of meat.It stuck, yuk.
I personally eat food , salad that goes in one end and doesn’t stick, usually takes a few hours to visit my intestines.
80 hours for meat to travel , no wonder Some of my friends are drowsy,
Body is an ecosystem. I love my body me,I love my brain,I don’t do toxins,
My favourite buzz word at the mo is FLUSH then flush more.

Rlman

A coffee enema is one of the most healthiest protocols that you can do for your body.
Recently a guy who had not eaten meat for 2 years had one ,and guess what flushed , you were right a piece of meat.It stuck, yuk.
I personally eat food , salad that goes in one end and doesn’t stick, usually takes a few hours to visit my intestines.
80 hours for meat to travel , no wonder Some of my friends are drowsy,
Body is an ecosystem. I love my body me,I love my brain,I don’t do toxins,
My favourite buzz word at the mo is FLUSH then flush more.

check out @ahmo 's blog post on coffee enemas. i think she puts a lot of things in.

Wayne

Do you add anything to your solution to make them more effective?

A gram of sodium ascorbate and a drop of iodine. I buy a lot of bulk teas--usually in 1 lb bags--and add my pre-made coffee concentrate to the tea. Some of my favorites are milk thistle seed tea, nettles tea, poppy seed tea--the options are pretty endless. These teas almost always seem to take my system into a deeper level of relaxation (and healing).

Ahmo's Blog Post -- Detox Story: Coffee Enemas

Last edited:

Wayne

Wayne How does sodium ascorbate help ?

I began putting Vit. C in my coffee enemas because I liked the idea of getting more of it directly into my liver. My understanding is that making sure the liver gets plenty of Vit. C goes a very LONG way toward keeping unhealthy plaques from building up in the body, especially blood vessels and small capillaries. Besides these "theories", I notice a bit of a "lift" as well. -- As far as the iodine goes, I started using that primarily for adding an element of sanitation into the whole coffee enemas process.​

Wayne

Can you use ascorbic acid?

I started out using ascorbic acid, but the acidic part of it was tender for my colon. So I switched to sodium ascorbate, which is no problem at all. I also fairly regularly put a 1/4 tsp of sodium ascorbate in my mouth, and let it soak into my gums for 3-4 minutes before swallowing it. Any kind of gum bacteria can quickly deplete Vit. C and lead to "localized scurby". The ascorbate doesn't affect the enamel like the ascorbic acid would. I believe the ascorbate helps keep bacterial levels down as well.​

Ema

Just did my first coffee enema 2 days ago. It was kind of a hassle, and I didn't notice any benefits. Does it get better with more sessions? I suspect I'm probably just not that toxic after 4 years of eating well, avoiding chemicals, etc.
Yes, I do think the benefits are cumulative.

gettinbetter

I tried a CE with added glutathione
I used swanson's brand 200 mg per capsule
I opened the capsule and used 40mg mixed in
about 20 minutes after the CE I felt a surge in energy my heart was beating harder
This lasted around 20 hours and I could not sleep very well
Anyone else have this reaction to CE with glutathione?
What did you do?
I am going to discontinue using this in CEs

Thanks

Last edited: